Baclofen and exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen and exercise

neva eva;1058722 wrote: Alright, Lo0p, I know it's a work in progress...

I love a good graph. But definitions would help for newbies like me. And if it's not for newbies, would you please send me some info for me specifically?
    Something on the order of "read this." Or "do these 4 exercises on this day, and those four on alternating days."
    Selfish, maybe, but I don't think so. More of us around here are just figuring out how to get off the couch and looking to fill time/find the bac-enhanced-endorphin-rush than the die-hard gym goer.
    Just sayin'
    xo
    Edit: I like it here, too. But no reason not to branch out. Bac isn't exclusive to bac threads, anymore. We'll follow you over to Focus on Fitness or whatever that forum is, if you choose to go there!
    ~K
    Agreed. Though I don't think he's quite there yet. He did say he'd post up a regimen that he was working on for someone else, but I think that's separate from this personal project he's working on.
    Is that right, Lo0p?
    I like the idea of it being here in the bac forums. :l
    Though indeed, I too would follow it anywhere.
    Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
    ~Clutch

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Last night:

Massive failure. Took a fugging work phone call right before my working set of deads. What an idiot. Only pulled it 6 times. Whatever, it happens sometimes. I updated my 1RM graph above.

This is a rough rough rough draft. I'm basically :brainfart:ing my way through this and not spending any time on organizing it.

Trying to get a good format for my new thread.

ExRx (Exercise Prescription) on the Net is a good website for exercise definitions if I recall correctly.

One Rep Max (1RM) you can google. I'm using here as a way to quantify/qualify in one number, how good I did in each particular lift.

Yeah it isn't user friendly at all yet. Sorry
      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
      :what?:
      sigpic
      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
      A Forum
      Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Thanks for this thread, LOOP!!!! I had just posted and even though I searched before I couldn't find it but GOOGLE found it for me!!

Any new info you guys could partake? What was your titration when you guys started while exercising and at what mg did you guys "switch". I hope I get some invaluable wisdom from you, while remaining on with my gym activities.

Here is what I had posted on the other thread:

alexan;1094383 wrote: Hi,

I'm a fairly active individual that goes to the gym 5 times a weeks sometimes twice daily for an early morning cardio with weights in the evening.

I searched the forums but could not find any information particular to this but can anyone tell me whether once you start the Baclofen program by Dr. Ameiser, do you feel less motivated to exercise /cardio/weights? Can you even exercise?

Also once you start taking Baclofen do you have to take it for the rest of your life or does there come a point where you can stop taking Baclofen completely and still stay cured??

Thanks much in advance. Physical shape is kind of important in my occupation and I'm trying to figure out how I can incorporate this program without missing out on personal fitness.
        ------------------------------------------------------------
        "Alexander The Next" 's Experimental Combo Journey with TSM (Naltrexon) and Baclofen -- Progress Diary
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f20/alexander-next-s-experimental-combo-journey-tsm-naltrexon-baclofen-49307.html

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Here is my latest project in action, kind of a Spring cut:

Jan 29th and then March 28th:

Too many cookies and ice cream this winter! :H

I got your PM, I'm just soooper busy this weekend! :welcome: to MWO
          sigpic

A Forum
          Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

THIS IS AWESOME! Thanks Lo0P.

Yessssss.
            HOPE!!
            "Alexander The Next" 's Experimental Combo Journey with TSM (Naltrexon) and Baclofen -- Progress Diary
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f20/alexander-next-s-experimental-combo-journey-tsm-naltrexon-baclofen-49307.html

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Also: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...nds-42543.html
              sigpic

A Forum
              Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Hello Lo0p.

I have been inspired by your before and after photos. I have started up some weight training sessions at a local gym, and have taken my before photo. I am going to see if I can go without the beer as well, and hopefully I will end up with results similar to those you have had.

I have a question about your diet. You talked about intermittant fasting. Do you eat all of your food in the evening, and do you still manage to get that 1-2g of protein per pound that everyone talks about?

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Yup, all in the evening. I think I hit about 1g of protein per pound.

All you'd ever want to know about IF: Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health
                  sigpic

A Forum
                  Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Lo0p;1168322 wrote: Yup, all in the evening. I think I hit about 1g of protein per pound.

All you'd ever want to know about IF: Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health
                    Loop, I can't believe you posted this just now...
                    Here are my frustrated Google searches from last night: "can't sleep without dinner", "only eat dinner" -- of course, everything I found said to not eat at night.

This is awesome! I'd rather eat one huge meal at night and sleep soundly and peacefully, than eat all day and starve after 6pm and toss and turn all night. Insomnia was the reason behind my initial introduction to alcohol.

Very good to know - and right on time, as usual

Although I have to wonder how this affects metabolism.

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Loop, I can't believe you posted this just now...
                      Here are my frustrated Google searches from last night: "can't sleep without dinner", "only eat dinner" -- of course, everything I found said to not eat at night.

Very good to know - and right on time, as usual

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Lo0p;1168322 wrote: Yup, all in the evening. I think I hit about 1g of protein per pound.

Thanks.

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Martin Berkhan is the real deal... can anyone tell me how to post pics and have them show up normal sized on here. (I'm dumb I guess... I can't get it to work)

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

My Experience.

I thought I was the only one that had experienced this. I am an avid health nut, and I am active everyday. My garage has been turned into a full gym. I am also a certified fitness trainer. That being said, my experience with Baclofen made no sense either. I originally started taking Baclofen for alcohol cravings a few years ago. I haven't had a drink in a long time, and I rarely take it anymore. However when I do, I have noticed an extreme increase in my endurance levels, and what appears to be an increase in my ability to breath in more oxygen.

I thought maybe it was psychosomatic until I read these posts. So here is my theory based on these posts, and the scientific evidence of the extra glycogen being released as a result of the intake of Baclofen. I think that the Baclofen works as not only a muscle relaxer, but as an anti-inflammatory. Like Ibprofen, it promotes healing by decreasing inflammation. So when I take it right before bed, which is the time I find works best for me, it helps me sleep better, promotes more healing, and allows more glycogen to be released and stored as usable energy in the morning. That also explains why it helps with the cravings. Alcohol is sugar, and when we have more energy, we don't depend on sugar intake as much. Also energy is a great mood enhancer, and I find that my cravings are less just by the simple fact that I feel like "doing stuff".

Whatever the reason though, it's working. Something that helps me maintain a higher level of fitness, and helps me not revert to drinking alcohol anymore, has an A+ in my book. The reality for me is that, after my bouts with alcoholism, I am living on borrowed time, literally. So any negative effects of this can't be as bad as dying from alcoholism. Moderation is the key here I believe, as it is with anything else.

I am going to research it further now that I know it's not all in my head. My suggestion to anyone who is on a Baclofen regiment is to take it at bedtime to maximize the effects, and minimize the negative side effects like drowsiness etc....It works for me anyway.

Scott :new:

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

bump.

Colin;1491920 wrote: I've now had eight days on the increased gabapentin dose of 1.2 grams per day and on each of these days at least half of the strength training exercise where pain is not the limiting factor have improved. There has been an average weight increase of 3% in eight days! If this continues ...

Before the gabapentin increase a number of the exercises seemed to have reached a plateau with little or no improvement during the prior two weeks.

I've searched the internet for correlation between gabapentin and performance improvement and found nothing. Is it possible that gabapentin acts as a catalyst to enhance the performance improving side effects of baclofen?

Comment

Working...
                              X