Baclofen and exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen and exercise

LOL you two! It's the same thread! We could start it here though, it fits all our requirements.
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Hi!

I've been away for awhile visiting family for the holidays and I'm just now catching up on this thread. All I can say is WOW to the stuff about bac and exercise. LoOp--thanks for all of the info and the abstract for that study. I've also noticed that exercise has been a lot easier for me since taking bac--on the elliptical and other machines. But the true test has been getting up in the morning and going on a run (w/out eating any food beforehand). Usually this kicks my butt and I end up run-walking or some slow-ass run and most of the run is painful and annoying. While on bac, every run that I've gone on has been so MUCH easier--no stopping at all, going much faster, etc. Always just chaulked that up to drinking so much less on the bac (and also the fact that alcohol dehydrates you and so maybe I was also more dehydrated than I thought?) but maybe there's something more to it than that--i.e., bac.

I guess this is just another reason to keep taking bac, huh?

xo
      Anna

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Hey LoOp--

I was going to send you a p.m. but I thought others interested in this exercise thread would benefit from your font of exercise and diet knowledge.

What do you think of kettlebells for weight training?

--Anna

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Hi again, LoOp--I just realized I was really throwing this thread off-track. Sorry. No need to post here. I'll p.m. you.
          -Anna

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

One question

I am not experiencing what all of you guys are with the exercising.

Have you all hit your switch and are AF or what???

I am still climbing and finding the Baclofen a bit challenging re: somnolence. I am starting on 80mg today, only titrating in lots of 10mg - so I can function. Plus throw in "Aunt Flow" as my 18 yo daughter calls "them" and I am totally buggered. Headaches, gut aches, I am hoping this is not due to Baclofen. I admit I'm still drinking, but no more than 2 - 3 units per day, cause I feel quite light headed after a couple, and Im aware that its not a good idea to drink too much while on the Bac.

Anyway that was my question - just wondering if it gets better - I feel like :crap: LOL
            Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
            :h ya
            Trix

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Does

Trix, it does get better tho this new batch of bac is kicking my ass, I am tired more and can barely stay up past 9 anymore, been af since my last debaucle when mike upset me so much. Will stay this way or no chance of having custody of Zac..... Although mike is much worse, don't really think it matters in fl law anyway, just feels better, still could mod if I really wanted to, but right now want to be af!

I had found it to work better when AF, though.................at lower mgs, since this new stuff is so strong, good luck w/ the exercise, once u start, u will "need" it..................I love to work out now, every day if I can!!

Love ya gal!!!

MA
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Your a sweetie MA, anyway I have decided to just stay at 70mg per day til this settles. Hope things sort themselves out for you, and good on you for staying AF, well done.
                Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
                :h ya
                Trix

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

it really helps

Especially w/ all this emotional SHIT I am dealing with......................bac has done wonders, evenat 100mg/day

Trix, let's email tonight, will help me stay awake, I will need all the help I can get!!

Doing ok??? what are you doing New Years!? I am hoping to go to a party, will be designated driver, won't mind that at all................love you sweetie!!!!:l:h:l:h

MA

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Anna B;781602 wrote: Hey LoOp--

I was going to send you a p.m. but I thought others interested in this exercise thread would benefit from your font of exercise and diet knowledge.

What do you think of kettlebells for weight training?

--Anna
                    Hi Anna, I am not Lo0p, but I am a personal trainer who uses kettlebells and they are AWESOME! You will get strong in your core like nothing else.

-P.
                    Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                    That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                    Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                    Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Hey Anna. I think we might be turning this thread into a general fitness type thread so we don't have to click two mouse buttons and navigate all the way to a different forum :H Feel free to post away.

I've never used kettlebells so I don't know anything about 'em!
                      sigpic

A Forum
                      Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

weel

for me Trix,I have always worked out, even before I hit my off switch, but when I used to drink before bac, u know, we all drank wayyyy more., then I would not work out as much or as intensely.......................now that I am AF, it is way better!!! You can work out all the time w/ great intensity and more tolerance, or so it seems, faster recovery too...................I love bac for sooooooooooooo many reasons, this is just another one...................it has helped me in so many ways, hope it keeps working for you and you get to your af state soon!!!

love,:l:h:l

MA

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

HAPPY NEW YEAR~

It is the first day of the year, I plan to get out and on the horses, then to the gym, don't work until tomorrow night, but will have to for 3 nights in a row....................aauuurrggghhhh!!!???

What is everyone else's plans for fitness today??? Good day to start something!!

MA:l:h

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

YAY! It's my cheat day today! Cardio in a half hour, then 4 meals as per my protocol. Then from 5pm on it's no holds barred. I'll eat whatever the f* I want till I pass out and if I get up before midnight I'll eat some more!!!

I do this once a week for a very specific reason. I'm walking a very fine line between burning fat like a freight train on fire and feeding my body enough nutrients to keep my metabolism revved up. After a while on a diet your thyroid (which controls your metabolism) starts to get lazy and tries to down regulate your metabolism in order to compensate for your decreased calorie intake in an attempt at homeostasis. Homeostasis is your body's attempt to stay the same, to resist change. It is a survival mechanism.

So once a week I take a cheat day and consume massive amounts of calories in order to 'pimp slap' my thyroid and keep it doing it's job, to 'trick' it into thinking I'm not starving myself and needs to keep my metabolism at a high rate. :H

On the menu tonight: Homemade tacos!! My favorite! Oh say maybe 10 or 12 of them, and probably some ice cream!!!! :chef:
                            sigpic

A Forum
                            Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

wow!

sounds like fun loop, enjoy!! MA

Comment

Baclofen and exercise

Shoulders/Arms Day:

All #'s are weight X reps

These increases while I'm in a calorie deficit could be due to muscle memory. If they continue beyond this week, however, then something is afoot.
                                sigpic

A Forum
                                Trolls need not apply

Comment

Working...
                                X