Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax a total neccessity?

Hey all

Have read the MWO book and ordered all the supplements, CD's etc. My goal is moderation. I am perfectly able to moderate many times but am also very capable of totally losing it here and there.....big sessions!

I think alot of it is situational too. I find moderation easy if in a chilled environ, with people who don;t drink much, in the countryside etc etc. But if I'm with the party crew(alot of my friends.....) and on a night out, all hell can break loose.

Anyway, I am making alot of lifestlye changes in 2010 anyway and I know this will help(i.e simply bored of those big nights so gonna do more interesting sh*t with my time) but I am also aware of that little wolfman inside me that fancies a ripper every now and again. Hence the fact I am doing all this stuff as recommended in the MWO book. I am confident that I can have free choice as to how much and when I drink rather than be caught out by the sauce.....and I believe the guidelines set out in this book can go a long way to achieving this aim.

HOwever, the one thing I am sceptical about is the Topamax. It seems quite full on, a proper drug and I am a little apprehensive about it. At the same time, there is little point in doing this thing if I don't follow the instructions properly, right? I just wanted to ask whether, from any personal experiences, you think the Topa is indeed a neccesity or whether this can work without it, just using the other supps/CD's etc. I'm sure it differs from person to person but would love any feedback.

Wd also appreciate any advice on best place to buy it online in case I do indeed decide to include it in my plan.

Many Thanks for reading this rather long winded thread! Look forward to any replies

Cheers

Charlieboy
    I am well and truly in recovery, I thank Baclofen, the good people of MWO and my love of spirituality, the combination of which have helped to guide me out of the darkness in the last couple months. Cheers to that.

Topamax a total neccessity?

:new::new::new::new:
    Charlieboy;781559 wrote: Hey all

Have read the MWO book and ordered all the supplements, CD's etc. My goal is moderation. I am perfectly able to moderate many times but am also very capable of totally losing it here and there.....big sessions!

I think alot of it is situational too. I find moderation easy if in a chilled environ, with people who don;t drink much, in the countryside etc etc. But if I'm with the party crew(alot of my friends.....) and on a night out, all hell can break loose.

Anyway, I am making alot of lifestlye changes in 2010 anyway and I know this will help(i.e simply bored of those big nights so gonna do more interesting sh*t with my time) but I am also aware of that little wolfman inside me that fancies a ripper every now and again. Hence the fact I am doing all this stuff as recommended in the MWO book. I am confident that I can have free choice as to how much and when I drink rather than be caught out by the sauce.....and I believe the guidelines set out in this book can go a long way to achieving this aim.

HOwever, the one thing I am sceptical about is the Topamax. It seems quite full on, a proper drug and I am a little apprehensive about it. At the same time, there is little point in doing this thing if I don't follow the instructions properly, right? I just wanted to ask whether, from any personal experiences, you think the Topa is indeed a neccesity or whether this can work without it, just using the other supps/CD's etc. I'm sure it differs from person to person but would love any feedback.

Wd also appreciate any advice on best place to buy it online in case I do indeed decide to include it in my plan.

Many Thanks for reading this rather long winded thread! Look forward to any replies

Cheers

Charlieboy

Comment

Working...
    X