BAC administered p.r.n.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAC administered p.r.n.

Do you think weight has anything to do with dosage? Of course it would have a connection in terms of side effects, but in terms of the real goal (alcohol and anxiety reduction)-- to put the GABA B in the brain... well what if you have a little body but a big brain (like me)?-- do you still need a high dose to hit the switch-off?
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

BAC administered p.r.n.

tiptronic_ct;786623 wrote: My use of p.r.n. doses of baclofen only really started after I had become AF and titrated down again, to help me stay that way. Titrating up on bac, I religiously stuck to three evenly spaced doses.

For example, I would take slightly more on a Friday afternoon or early on a Saturday morning due to my past drinking patterns. Even now, I ramp up with 10 - 20mg about an hour and 30mins before I'm going into a difficult situation where triggers may come my way.

Currently, I'm titrating down further on my maintenance dose. Today is day 2 on 100mg (50 x 50). I intend using p.r.n. doses of 10mg to help me manage that process as well.

I still haven't made up my mind completely if its important to keep a level of bac in your system all the time. Given its short half-life, you need to take at least 3 doses a day, evenly spaced every 8 hours to do that. Yet people like Lo0p and myself take only two doses per day, fairly close to each other. PandaFarts did the same (where is he?)

Following that logic, Brite's argument makes a lot of sense.

Zenstyle: if you see this,won't you please also weigh in? You also use bac p.r.n. quite often.

Brite: have you looked at the one study Lo0p lists on his info thread? On the use of bac in occasional binge drinkers, if I recall correctly? I don't think the subjects were classified as having alcohol dependence, though...
      I thought Lo0p said bac has a half life of 4 hours, which means one should take it at least every 4 hours, doesn't it?
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

BAC administered p.r.n.

beatle;788261 wrote: I thought Lo0p said bac has a half life of 4 hours, which means one should take it at least every 4 hours, doesn't it?
        Hi, Beatle

Yes, the half life of bac is more or less 4 hours. That means, after four hours, half of it has been eliminated from your system. See: Biological half-life - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also remember that while titrating up, bac seems to have a cumulative effect over time. I.e. it still gets eliminated pretty fast but its effect takes stronger hold, as long as you're disciplined about your schedule.

I think it was Bill.P who used the analogy of certain pain killers, which also have a short half life, but the effect on pain suppression lasts more longer. Same with bac.

Having said that, I can't see anything wrong with what you've been doing - e.g. taking 10mg when you wake up in the middle of the night.
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

BAC administered p.r.n.

I think body size and level of the al problem has an effect of the dose required . Beatle and total respect on the big brain !lol and ironically it would seem that lots of intelligent people have a al problem, there is another research tiral in the making, is there a connection between intelligence and al addiction ? Because in every other area of life I am a bright girl but when it comes to al I ama total dumb arse !!!! ahhhhhh

Comment

BAC administered p.r.n.

There are many extremely intelligent, scholarly, successful people that are members on this site. For me in the beginning, AL removed my social anxieties. I also found that I think too much, I follow every thought too far down the rabbit hole. AL gave me some relief from my own thoughts too. Of course, now it is a huge problem and consumes way to much of my thoughts and time. I need to be AF and am working towards it.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Working...
            X