Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reduced cravings?

Hi all!

I am wondering if everyone can throw in their 2 cents and let me know when it was they felt a reduction in cravings. I am very wishywashy taking my Bac and it isn't doing me well. I need to make it more consistantly to feel the effects, I know. I am also going to make an appointment to see my family dr. I have sent her the information, but have yet to go.

So I am just taking a poll too see at what dosage people felt the effects.

Thanks so much!!!!

Christy

ps. I haven't had anything to drink since Sunday....not because I didn't want to, my husband kept telling me I didn't need it
    AF July 6 2014

reduced cravings?

I'll get back to you on my dose. I'm switching brands tonight and want to see how much of a difference it'll make.

One thing I can tell you FOR SURE is that for me, if I am not consistent about my dosing the demon wakes up and rears his ugly head within a couple of days. A prn dose doesn't help this, it's too late.
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Comment

reduced cravings?

Hi, Christy

While I was titrating up, I wrote down each and every dose, as well as the times I took it. It really is important to be disciplined about it.

I hit my switch at 240mg, but could definitely start feeling a reduction in cravings around 180mg.

And I agree with Lo0p: when you've lost the cumulative effect of bac while titrating up, a p.r.n. dose really is too little too late. P.r.n. doses should only be used to help you over bumps in the road, or for the purpose Brightlite is going to try it (she is an occasional drinker). Plus we still need to see if its going to work for her or not.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

reduced cravings?

Hi Christy

I itrated up to 125mg that the most I could tollerate, I felt a reduction in craving within the first week but hit my swithch at 100mg, but continuted to tirate up because other people seemed to be on bigger doses. I have posted on here in the last few days I did the tiration programme like boot camp I stuck with it and took the dose reguarly. I can only speak from my own experience and personal believe and reading what others say , I think you have to take the bac reguarly to get where you want to be initially which is the switch then you have a bit more leway in the dosage and can experiment with prn doses as Loop is. Good luck !

Comment

reduced cravings?

tiptronic_ct;787149 wrote: Hi, Christy

While I was titrating up, I wrote down each and every dose, as well as the times I took it. It really is important to be disciplined about it.

I hit my switch at 240mg, but could definitely start feeling a reduction in cravings around 180mg.

And I agree with Lo0p: when you've lost the cumulative effect of bac while titrating up, a p.r.n. dose really is too little too late
          . P.r.n. doses should only be used to help you over bumps in the road, or for the purpose Brightlite is going to try it (she is an occasional drinker). Plus we still need to see if its going to work for her or not.
          Does this mean for good? I still have a chance right? I want to stay motivated at this, as I see my family dr the end of the month and I want to be able to tell her this is working so she will give me a script.

I really hope I haven't messed up my chances. I HAVE noticed that if I use my willpower, I can get over the hump and it doesn't seem to effect me as much. Meaning, using willpower, and taking the Bac, it seems to not be as bad, and I am under more stress with a new job.

Hmmmm.....

:thanks:
          AF July 6 2014

Comment

reduced cravings?

christyacc;789130 wrote: Does this mean for good? I still have a chance right? I want to stay motivated at this, as I see my family dr the end of the month and I want to be able to tell her this is working so she will give me a script.

I really hope I haven't messed up my chances. I HAVE noticed that if I use my willpower, I can get over the hump and it doesn't seem to effect me as much. Meaning, using willpower, and taking the Bac, it seems to not be as bad, and I am under more stress with a new job.

Hmmmm.....

:thanks:

I think you misunderstood my post, Christy

Of course you haven't messed up your chances. All I'm saying is that the best
            results can be had by being consistent in taking your bac.

My statement about relying on p.r.n. doses whilst titrating up being too little too late simply refers to doing as much as possible (by taking your normal bac doses consistently) to reduce your drinking or maintain your sobriety. You already seem to be doing well on that front
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
            X