Campral dosages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campral dosages

I just wondered if everyone on Campral takes the same dosage? And how long does it take until you feel like its kicked in? I'm am starting over, again, today, and I'm determined to do it this time. I have some bac, but I've never been able to handle the side effects, but I took 5mg a lil while ago to just calm me down, and have all the supps. I will stay on it as much as I can until I get the Campral. Thanks for any advice!
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Campral dosages

Hi Tough,
    Had to some digging round my cupboards to find my Campral recommended dosage leaflet.

The normal size tablet comes in 333mg.

If you weigh 130lbs or more,you should take 6 tablets a day:2 in the morning, 2 in the morning,2 tablets at noon and two tablets in the evening with meals.

If you weigh less than 130lbs, you should take 4 tablets a day:2 in the morning,1 at noon, and 1 in the evening with meals.

I've just copied that straight from the sheet that comes with the tablets.

The most important thing to remember that they will be less effective if you keep drinking.

Best of luck

J x

PS. I googled the side effects but by the time I listed them I would probably have been logged off.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Campral dosages

I only take one pill 3 times a day instead of 2 pills 3 times a day. I would start out with what is prescribed first. I cut back on dosage bcause I had the worst gas, farting like 50 times a day!! 1 pill 3 times takes away my cravings, also have been going to one aa meeting a week and have sponsor. hope this helps

Comment

Campral dosages

Bac makes me a total fart machine too, and the worst gas and bloating, so when I get the Campral, I'll just take 1 3 times a day and hope for the best...I can't handle the symptoms and try to do anything else...yuck....so Babaoriley, you do ok on the 1 3x's a day?
        "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Campral dosages

I took 6/day, most of the time, for 6 months. Last week I dropped down, and am now on 1-2 a day, in the morning. Am hoping to cut out the campral and still not drink. Am having cravings today but am not giving in. You do have to take it regularly, and the full dosage. I just think that after 6 months it's time to do it on my own. Campral helped me a lot though. Good luck to you.
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
          AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Campral dosages

A year ago I went for treatment for 30 days at a non-AA, non-12 step center and have not had a craving since-one of the reasons I am sure is because of Campral.....I think it is the most amazing drug for those that it works for like myself. I was directed by the physician on staff there to take 6 a day for 1 year and 3 a day for a year after that. He said that after 2 years I would no longer need it. My local Dr. agrees and I think he is pretty conservative when it comes to medication. I hope this helps.

Never wanting to run from life is a great feeling and I am grateful that this drug has helped me through my journey.

Comment

Working...
            X