Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie taking Baclofen and Nal asking if personal progress threads are welcome on MWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie taking Baclofen and Nal asking if personal progress threads are welcome on MWO

Hello everyone

I've made a few posts already, but am still just a newbie here.

I've seen a few personal progress threads, but just wondered if they're appreciated here?

I've just moved here full-time from another forum where they were welcomed and encouraged, partly as information for others. I also used my thread selfishly at times when I needed a place to get feelings off my chest, and it was so helpful to me.

I also find it quite confusing to follow all the threads I post on, as I don't like to miss any replies people have made to me, so posting mainly in one place makes things so much easier.

Any feedback would be much appreciated :thanks:
    I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

I think the rules are it's okay as long as you don't have a British accent, then it's a major no-no.
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Comment

Dont worry Eight, I too have a British accent, but I simply put on a French one for the forum.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Well I can do a passable Aussie or Deep South accent with just a touch of my inner Brit showing through...or maybe better safe than sorry and I could write a progress thread in Swahili or Japanese?!!
        I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

No need for Swahili. As long as it's not British and you don't have any Beatles references in your name it's fine.
          sigpic

A Forum
          Trolls need not apply

Comment

I think a progress thread is a great idea, eight. I have been remiss, myself, but have learned so much from those that have posted theirs. If it's in Swahili, I'll do my best to learn a new language!!
            "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Hi 8 welcome to the site !!!! what are those yankies like ?????? good to see some more Brits joining the forum, post all you like, I am like you use the sight as a way of expressing my self and sharing things and I agree at times it gets hard to follow all the threads or see who had replied to what you ssaid. I personnally would like to encourage more people to use the chat on here, I have some wonderufl friends in chat but majority of them are in America and I love and respect them all and get great friendship and support from them but the problem is the time differnce, I often have to wait till midnight our time to catch up with them . So if we had more people from our time zone using chat it would be great ! again wlecome and will look out for your posts BH x

Comment

Offense taken

Lo0p;793460 wrote: No need for Swahili. As long as it's not British and you don't have any Beatles references in your name it's fine.
                What's wrong with that? :durn:
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement my friends, I am grateful. A progress thread would be of immense help to me :thanks:

Brave Hearted;793607 wrote: ...so if we had more people from our time zone using chat it would be great ! again wlecome and will look out for your posts BH x
                  Many thanks BH for your kind welcome How does chat work? I know lots of people here are already abstinent, some aim for moderation, so is there a real mix in chat? Aren't those of us who are still drinking (like me) possibly bad influences on those that aren't?

beatle;793617 wrote:
                  What's wrong with that? :durn:
                  That beatle, is an example of our friend Lo0p's dry, very British, and almost Lennon-esque sense of humour :H

Comment

I just got schooled. :upset:
                    sigpic

A Forum
                    Trolls need not apply

Comment

since when the english have humor?
                      German Forum on Baclofen and Alcohol http://www.baclofen-forum.com/
                      my alcohol baclofen statistic
                      http://www.baclofen-forum.com/stats/fets/

Comment

Lo0p;793747 wrote: I just got schooled. :upset:
                        Ah buddy, loved your jokes on this thread, how are you doing? :l (Lucky for me you don't play Unreal Tournament 3 on Playstation 3 or I'm sure I'd get my hind quarters handed back to me on a plate after that!! :H)

fets;793766 wrote:
                        since when the english have humor?
                        Never. Shakespeare's comedies were in fact written and faked by a very talented Jamaican gentleman (his other works include the Turin Shroud and the Bayeux Tapestry - but don't tell anyone about that last one, no-one else knows ) He did quite a good job eh?

Any comments about chat? I'd love to dive in as I'm very isolated and lonely here, and company would help so, but I don't want to be a drinker tempting others in any way whatsoever

Comment

Chat

I don't think it matters if you are drinking. In fact I think many people on chat are drinking (even as they chat!). But it has been a long while since I was on chat... so maybe that has changed.

The main thing to be aware about chat is that it goes fast, and you will often be ignored when things get hopping. You will often feel out of the loop and it can be frustrating. So you need to be a little thick-skinned.

But it can also be very rewarding, especially if you need company.
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Thanks so much beatle, you've given me the confidence to dive in and and at least try it

Comment

eight days a week;793411 wrote:
                              I also find it quite confusing to follow all the threads I post on, as I don't like to miss any replies people have made to me, so posting mainly in one place makes things so much easier.

Any feedback would be much appreciated :thanks:
                              I forgot to mention that you can set up your CP so that you are informed by email every time someone posts on your thread or replies on a thread you have replied on.

Comment

Working...
                              X