Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nal is here! Newbies Unite ( U SAHMs)

DisEase;795665 wrote:
    Worried about going to 50mg. It seems to be working at 25mg. Since I have not read the book, does everyone go up the 50 mg because we all have the same number of neural pathways? It seems odd to me that my hubby, who is roughly twice my weight, would take the same dosage as I do. It just seems counter intuitive - but again, I have not read the book so maybe the 50mg is the sweet spot? Maybe everyone starts at the 25mg level to help the people who have really bad side effects to Nal ease into the medication, or something? If you know, or have any thoughts on this, I would love to hear from you!
    Hey Ease, I'm not entirely sure how weight affects metabolism of Nal (in fact I have no idea!) but it would make sense that your husband doesn't have twice the neural pathways even if he is around twice your weight!

Yes, most people start at 25mg, because of the side effects. Few are reported in the book but real life experiences have proved to be very different.

Mousse, why not start your own Nal journey thread, if you'd feel it helpful to you?

Good luck everyone as you start out on this journey, I am very hopeful for you
    I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

Hi all, I took 50mg last night after my dinner and it was fine, unfortunately the wine flowed a little more easily and I drank about 1 and half bottles with relative ease.
      I felt pretty nauseous today and also tired with a headache which may of course been related to the wine I drank, not sure, but the nausea was I feel related to the 50mg I had taken. I have only taken 25mg tonight as I do not want to feel crap at work tomorrow, I don't work Mondays.:goodjob:

Good to hear how everyone is getting on, I will try and give regular updates on how things are going and catch up with everyones progress.

Best to all

Comment

Hey scot,

I've heard of nausea as a side effect, but didn't get that myself. I've also read a lot about strange dreams and night disturbances, but I didn't get those either, luckily. I did get a really strange and unpleasant sense of 'disconnect' from reality for the first few days on Nal - so much so that by the third day I didn't even want to take the stuff, but just forced myself to. And so glad I did stick with it! The SEs go away within days
        I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

Working...
        X