weight gain baclofen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weight gain baclofen?

AHh im so mad... I always know how to lose weight and was looking forward to losing a few pounds. Ate good, and in the past few weeks ive gained five pounds. Its very rare that this happens! Has anyone gained or heard about baclofen causing weight gain? eek.

weight gain baclofen?

Don't I recall you saying you weighed 105 lbs? Was that somebody else?

I've gone from about 18% to 11-12% body fat in less than 2 months. I'll hit sub 10% within a couple of weeks. I've been on baclofen the entire time, I don't think it has any effect whatsoever.

edit: a touch over a half a gallon of water weighs 5 lbs, I fluctuate 5 lbs in a day easy.
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Comment

weight gain baclofen?

Loop hey, yes I did weigh 105 now I'm about 115. I'm little though abd small boned, I like being 105 I just thought it was weird that I gained weight eating normally. I know my body and I don't gain weight usually unless I binge. I thought maybe baflocen or antabuse was giving me water retention or slowed metabolism. Good for u on ur success lately

Comment

weight gain baclofen?

T4, same thing happened to me: went from 45kg to 50kg (99lb to 110lb) in 2 months-- illogical given my consumption of almost only vegetables and whole grains (plus some fruit).
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

weight gain baclofen?

Hi time

yes I experience weight gain on bac . For me I think it was because I usually live on my nerves which causes me not to eat or to give me and upset tummy, so I think the bac help my anxiety so therefore I was calmer and more inclined to eat !. I have just met somebody new which is exciting, and scary at the same time , so I am not eating much at the minute and have upped my bac to help deal with it, although I dont want to totally level out the excitement of it al lol

BH xx

Comment

weight gain baclofen?

interesting. good luck on your new relationship! What do you mean in your post by you werent sure if you woujld feel that way with someone again? I smoetimes felt like when ive been in my heavy drinking days that i couldnt feel much except for alcohol! lol Is that what you meant? beatle im surprised. this is annoying (weight gain) anyone else experience it? let me know..

Comment

weight gain baclofen?

3 months into taking bac, I've lost at least 15 pounds. I gained some water weight for a few weeks when I first started taking it (I remember my ankles were swollen) but I didn't really care because I was NOT DRUNK!! Woo Hoo!

I made plans to do some intensive supervised dieting, but then the weight just started dropping and I'm enjoying seeing how low it will go. If I eat carbs things don't go well. Bac is eliminated through the kidneys so I've increased my daily water intake.

Gaining weight vs. drinking to stupidity? No issue for me and it has turned out well.
              "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

weight gain baclofen?

I've lost on Bac. I think many when drinking heavily get most of their calories from AL. So when they cut that out and eat normally they may gain a bit at first but it should even out.

Comment

weight gain baclofen?

Hi Time,

I experienced a little weight gain at higher doses, but it was due to mild constipation and the subsequent water retention and bloating that goes along with it. That's an embarrassing word... constipation, LOL.

But when I reached my maintenance dose these symptoms subsided. Rather, I should say this was the case the first two times I was taking Baclofen. I'm currently at my maintenance dose this third time around, but for whatever reason, I'm still dealing with this. I have yet to find weight gain listed as a side effect for Baclofen use, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

The current season we're in may have something to do with all this as well. Surely it's cold there in NY... it certainly is here in NE. Folks tend to be less active and don't sweat near as much in the cold Winter months. Metabolisms slow and the body tends to store fat for insulation. That's just one of the bummers of cold weather.

I used to crave a lot of salt when I was drinking due to dehydration. That's the first thing I attempted to cut out of my diet when I quit as I've always seemed to retain salt much too well (which causes the body to retain water). Are you sure your weight gain isn't just water retention? I know urinary retention is another possible side effect.

I developed pancreatic insufficiency in adulthood (probably due to my drinking), so I watch what I eat too. I exercise on a regular basis, but this seems to have no bearing on the only troublesome side effect I seem to reap from Baclofen therapy.

I stand 6' 3" and only weigh 165 lbs, so I suppose a few extra lbs. can't hurt. But as RedThread pointed out, I think I'll take this minor inconvenience over drinking myself into despair any ol' day. I hope you find a solution to your concern.

Take care,
                  John

Comment

weight gain baclofen?

I gained 7 lbs on it and can't seem to get the scale to budge, despite a vegetarian diet.
                    Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                    That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                    Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                    Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

weight gain baclofen?

I looked back at the notes and weight gain is indeed listed as a side effect.
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

weight gain baclofen?

I don't have time right now to do the simple research, but I believe Baclofen can affect your insulin or sugar something. (sorry, brain isn't working well today, the Neurontin is messing with me...)

That can lead to weight gain.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

weight gain baclofen?

Just an aside, I personally haven't noticed weight gain at all from the Bac. But every time I've ever quit drinking, whatever method, I've always GAINED weight surprisingly. I would expect the opposite to be true, and the effect for me anyways was temporary. I would jog as I always do and my diet wouldn't change, so what I tended to assume was that after dehydrating myself on a regular basis my body was holding on to water like crazy in fear of another "drought." After a few weeks of not drinking my body would chill out and the weight would end up back to normal again. That's certainly not scientific, that was just the only thing I could ever attribute it to.

Comment

weight gain baclofen?

Hey thans for replies, yes I agree that it may have been water retention either due to the med or the fact that I was holding onto water when I stopped drinking! Or something w insulin/sugar as cindy said,

Comment

weight gain baclofen?

Actually, I've lost weight. 17 pounds. Strange how our bodies react differently to meds.
                              The Universe stirs up our comfortable nests, and pushes us over the edge of them, forcing us to use out wings...

Comment

Working...
                              X