Hi Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this site. Liking what I'm reading. I've been off drink for three months now. I've basically not been out anywhere though! I've had to come to the conclusion that I'll never be a normal drinker again. Nieve research has just lost me more and more. Does anyone have an opinion on which pills are best for long-term relapse prevention?
    Hxx

Hi Everyone

Hello perdy and welcome!:welcome:

There are so many options and so many opinions here. I'm not going to stick my nose in it, but I'll tell you that baclofen is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I have tried everything except topamax and the Sinclair method (although I did take naltrexone for a short time after a detox, and on a short-term basis it is no help).

There are also a lot of non-medicinal alternatives that help a lot of people-- like kudzu and L-glutamine. I found kudzu to help if you are moderating. If you are interested in the "natural" aids, do a search on the Holistic Healing forum.

Best of luck to you.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hi Everyone

Hi perdy, welcome from me too!!

Three months? You're doing great! I'm so jealous!

I took Campral when I was abstinent. It seemed to help so subtly (if it did help, for me?!) that I ended up stopping taking it. I'm drinking again now but had made the decision to try the Sinclair Method (which requires drinking). I thought I'd be 'cured' by now, but it's not that easy. And drink is still causing huge problems in my life.

I'm quite a big fan of supplements. Imho they can help just as much, if not more than, the pharmaceuticals - and very probably are much better for your health. It sounds from what beatle says that there's quite a lot of info on the site here - I'm fairly new so just haven't stumbled across it myself yet!

Best of luck to you my friend, keep up the great work
      I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

Hi Everyone

Perdy,

:welcome:

Three months is awesome.

Like you, I know I will never be a "normal" drinker again. Looking back, I figured out I never was.

I am glad you found us and hope we can give you support when you need it. With three months under you belt, I am sure you can give some advice to newbies, etc.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
        X