Can somone sumarise Bac for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone help me here - Bac is meant to reduce cravings and you start with 10mg a day and work up.

To what sort of maxium?

Over what sort of time scale?

Does it make a difference if you are taking nal as well?

What are the side effects of bac? Any hints or tips?

It sounds from reading here quite good at supressing cravings for AL.

Nal didn't supress my cravings at all

My friend, I can only help with some of the questions, but no doubt others will fill in the gaps.

I was told by my prescribing doctor to start with 5mg three times a day.

The maximum he will ever personally prescribe is 200mg, and anything above 100mg he would want to monitor that patient very closely. So, it looks like I will have to self-medicate again, as I am at 55mg per day and haven't hit the 'switch' yet. I doubt very much it will be by 100mgs.

As I understand it the typical timescale is an increase of 10mg every three days, as can be tolerated.

You can take it with Nal, they work on completely different areas of the brain. My doctor prescribes me both without any hesitation.

Hope that helps a bit!
    I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

I've bumped the Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread for you (created by Lo0p).

That should give you most of the information you're looking for, or links to info & further reading.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

P.S. My doc reckons Bac is most effective after a detox
        I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

Hi eight, I am very interested to hear you have a doc in the UK who has prescribed you Bac! How did you swing that? Most people over here havent even heard of it.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Bac is like Nike. JUST DO IT.
            :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
            :what?:
            sigpic
            Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
            A Forum
            Trolls need not apply

Comment

startingover;801026 wrote: Hi eight, I am very interested to hear you have a doc in the UK who has prescribed you Bac! How did you swing that? Most people over here havent even heard of it.
              Incredible good luck my friend, but even so it seems I will have to be self-medicating once again

Comment

Working...
              X