Just an FYI on Dr Ameisin's books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished reading Dr Ameisin's book(s). When I went to Amazon to order, they had
    "Heal Thyself" in addition to "The End of My Addiction", so I ordered both. When I started to read "Heal Thyself" after finishing "The End" I discovered that they are the very same book...same page #s with the very same paragraphs! I am happy to have the info in the books, very encouraging. Just fell kinda dumb...
    Thought I'd post it so no one else buys 2 for 1!!
    Be Well All,
    Jenn
    Jenn
    "I fought against the bottle, but I had to do it drunk."
    Leonard Cohen

I guess that has been common knowledge around here, but shame on Amazon for being so misleading!

"Heal Thyself" (which I don't have) is supposed to be the paperback version of "The End of..." -- some people reckoned there might be some updated information in it, but I do not know.

I'd recommend you give one of the copies to a friend who you think might need it. I ordered several extras after I read "The End of..." to give away. I even sent one to someone here (on MWO).

As an aside, I am guessing they changed the name to make it more marketable. The new title also probably makes it easier for people to give to others, as it doesn't imply an addiction in the name.

Thanks for posting this, Jenn -- I'm sure it will help others.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Thanks for the info Beatle. Since I have only been back here for a few weeks I have no idea what all common knowledge has been around in the 2 years I was gone... but if my post helps anyone, then I guess it's worthwhile....
      Be Well,
      Jenn
      Jenn
      Leonard Cohen

Comment

Hey Jenn

Good to see you and glad you posted that info. I hope you are not being too solitary.... I come in and out, well when I say that I mean I lurk all the time and keep updated here with everyone's progress but do not always post. Being here is a blessing to me I don't know what I done before, well I do, I just felt more lonely as I have isolated myself a lot due to my drinking and 'getting to know' people here and with all the encouragement has really been a great help to me and I hope to you too:l

Comment

Thanks CM! I do generally lurk a lot, really should post more... just am not sure what I have to say is all that worthwhile, since I am not even close to ditching my cravings! Quite hopeful that the bac will kick in, and AL will not be in the center of my thoughts.... up to 60 mg today. I do so appreciate all of those who do post a lot, and the generally postive, supportive energy of this board!
          hugs to all,
          Jenn
          Jenn
          Leonard Cohen

Comment

Jenn;803230 wrote: Thanks for the info Beatle. Since I have only been back here for a few weeks I have no idea what all common knowledge has been around in the 2 years I was gone... but if my post helps anyone, then I guess it's worthwhile....
            Be Well,
            Jenn
            Of course it's worthwhile, Jenn. VERY.

I didn't mean to belittle your post in any way.

We can never expect everyone to have read every post. Especially those who join later. We have to continually share information (and continually bump up the posts with the most information in them)!
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Jenn;803614 wrote: Thanks CM! I do generally lurk a lot, really should post more... just am not sure what I have to say is all that worthwhile, since I am not even close to ditching my cravings! Quite hopeful that the bac will kick in, and AL will not be in the center of my thoughts.... up to 60 mg today. I do so appreciate all of those who do post a lot, and the generally postive, supportive energy of this board!
              hugs to all,
              Jenn
              Please don't say that what you have to say isn't worthwhile. You may not have kicked your demons, however, your thoughts and insights may help someone. Maybe might make someone feel less alone.....that is something we all need......
              AF July 6 2014

Comment

I would love to hear if there is any new research or an update in the later printing! Here in the UK I got 'The End of My Addiction' as a paperback about a year ago, and that is the copy I have just re-found, and am about to start reading again.

christyacc;803632 wrote: Please don't say that what you have to say isn't worthwhile. You may not have kicked your demons, however, your thoughts and insights may help someone. Maybe might make someone feel less alone.....that is something we all need......
                Seconded!!!! :goodjob:
                I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

Working...
                X