Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Question About Anxiety, Alcohol Baclofen

I have these two:

Baclofen in the Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome: A Comparative Study vs Diazepam
    The American Journal of Medicine (2006) 119, 276.e13-276.e18

Rapid Suppression of Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome by Baclofen

The American Journal of Medicine (2002) 112, [can't find page #]

I'm sure I've shown them to you before though, I can email 'em.
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Comment

Thanks Lo0p... should have remembered, I could go back to your consolidated information thread.:argh:
      (I will bump it now.)

Eight, Lorazepam is one of the standard medications (along with other benzos) administered for alcohol detoxing. In this case, I am saying this as a fact. Lorazepam is also an anti-convulsant, which makes it particularly suited for alcohol withdrawal.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

beatle;806693 wrote: Thanks Lo0p... should have remembered, I could go back to your consolidated information thread.:argh:

Eight, Lorazepam is one of the standard medications (along with other benzos) administered for alcohol detoxing. In this case, I am saying this as a fact. Lorazepam is also an anti-convulsant, which makes it particularly suited for alcohol withdrawal.
        Thank you, that is news to me. I've been through a number of detoxes here in the UK, and know that Librium is the standard option for inpatient detox, both privately and within the NHS, and diazepam usually considered more for a home detox. I'm deeply interested in the research that's been referenced, but Baclofen is as far as I know not recognised for detoxing from alcohol as a standard treatment anywhere in the world. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but again I ask that it be done on a separate (new?) thread because this thread is getting so far off-topic, and it's only respectful to the person who made this one that it stays on track. Of course, you can post a link here to the new thread, as I'm sure it would be at least of passing interest to many, but this major discussion is taking things way off-topic.
        I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

cowgal;806340 wrote: For me, the bac helped not only w/ anxiety, but al indifference, then also, I have a tendency to worry and obsess, (guess it could be considered OCD??)...
          Hi cowgal,

Many thanks for your valued comment.

It's what I want to hear.

With reference to OCD, I was first diagnosed as having OCD a staggering 35 years ago. And, I've been struggling with it ever since. For a list of features/characteristics of OCD, please take a look at my post (post #19) on:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...d-2-38887.html

[This list is taken from Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy for OCD by David A Clark Copyright 2004 by The Guilford Press.]

If you suspect you may have OCD, it might be worth your while talking with a psychologist or psychiatrist. Just a thought.

Best wishes to you!

V.
          "Love's the only engine of survival"

Leonard Cohen

Comment

Aloha all-
            back to al/free for the week...last week I was into the 3rd out of 4 days when I had my episode and ended up in the hospital. I am hoping things go better this week and have to say that i am back to day 1 of the week. Which was kind of my goal. No drinking alcohol during the week, unless special occassions and the weekends if there are occasions. And only stick to beer or wine. I don't know I just sound like I am bargaining to myself and still in a state of STRUGGLING. I want to be al/free but don't know if I can ...what I know I can do is the weekly thing. I am still trying! I hope I can do this - That panic/anxiety/unstable physically thing SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!

Comment

Working...
            X