Naltrexone/running/sleeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have now been six week on TSM. I have also started to go for my morning runs again having stopped last November. I slept an awful lot this weekend, napping at 6pm and waking up at 9pm and still sleeping ok at night! I know that this must be due to the Nal and also I know I am only on my third week back at running but I am finding it harder going. Has anyone else had any of these experiences? Many thanks

Hi CM,

I'm not sure about the running. Maybe your body is just adjusting. I think the sleeping is good for now. Just do what your body tells you. Take it easy on yourself for now.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Thanks Britelite

How are you doing?

Comment

Hi CM

I had a spike this weekend and seemed to drink more than usual. Maybe it was watching the Olympic Hockey game with friends that got to me. It seems I drink more when there is drinking going on around me. Then Monday I had an AF day and tonight I've had two glasses of wine.

I've been really trying to focus on work and I get tired of focusing on Al and all the energy it takes to think about it...if you know what I mean. So maybe that is a movement forward....I'm not as obsessed with it, but I definitly have not stopped drinking either. I do feel a slight freedom and an optimism that maybe lighter, brighter days are ahead.

I wish I could have an occasional glass of wine, but unfortunately to finally be cured, I think I need to be abstinent which right now is probably a little way off.

Anyway, how are you doing. Remember, there are ups and downs, spikes etc. From what I can tell, try to have some AF days and increase them as you go and also reinforce what you like to do on the AF days...as in exercise, garden, art...whatever you do!

Take Care...awaiting to hear!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Hi Britelite

Yes I am going to aim for 4 AF days a week and try to get my exercise done on these days. I really felt like last weekend i was really only drinking out of the habit and not cravings, so will have to watch that. I also think I am beginning to feel like I am distancing myself from AL, if that makes sense!

Comment

Working...
          X