Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when you couldn't get up in the AM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My just turned 4 year old crawled into my bed this am at 6:45. I was reading the paper and drinking my coffee and she said, "Mommy, remember when I use to have to wake you up and make you get out of bed in the morning? Now you wake up first!" How pathetic was I????

Thank you MWO, everyone on here who is so supportive and open, Nal, TSM, and a pat on my own back for making better choices. What a crappy thing to hear from my own precious little daughter. And she is right. On nights that I drank (usually until 2 or 3am) I would not get out of bed or even wake up until one of the kids came in and nagged me to do so. And even then, I was a mess and just got up, made them breakfast, put in a video, and then crawled on the couch to nurse my aching head.

Makes me sad and thankful all at once. My prayer today is though I expect my children to complain about many things that sucked about their childhood, I hope I never hear them say that I was a drunk. With Nal, I have the control to prevent that, I hope I am ahead of the damage, and I am determined to stay on this side of it. If I have to take Nal forever, so be it.

What a waste of time, calories, guilty feelings, and what a jack as* I can become when I overdrink. So glad I found you when I did. Both my children and I thank you! This was not going to end pretty.

What a wonderful reward! And we think they don't notice!!
    Good job.
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Aw, how wonderful! :l
      Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
      That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
      Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
      Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Working...
      X