Question: How long does it take for the baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

craving;817717 wrote: in my Lioresal package it talks of maximum 80mg / day.

Ameisen showed several examples in his book that it is save to go above this limit. It is mostly about liability. On L-Glutamine package it says 500mg per day as dose suggestion. Most people take 10 times as much! I could keep on saying other examples like that.
    I know my friend, but still doctors in the UK generally do follow that advice, so I was just saying that you wouldn't likely receive any recommendation over here at how to increase over 100mg.
    I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

eight days a week;817723 wrote: I know my friend, but still doctors in the UK generally do follow that advice, so I was just saying that you wouldn't likely receive any recommendation over here at how to increase over 100mg.
      sorry yes.
      since 23. Apr 2009 : TSM - failed to reduce units
      since 08. Jan 2010 : Naltrexone + Baclofen combination therapy
      reborn since 16. Jan 2010 : Alcohol Free (AF) - only taking Baclofen
      since 22. May 2010 : Baclofen against anxiety/fear
      since 14. Mar 2011 : off Baclofen - taking 25mg Topamax/day

My stats :
      http://www.baclofen-forum.com/stats/craving/

Comment

nykat;816329 wrote: I started taking baclofen 24 hours ago, how long does it take before the alcohol cravings go away??? Thanks!
        I may take several weeks. I didn't notice it until I got to about 80mg. I still had cravings, but they were not so intense.
        Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
        That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
        Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
        Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

PhoenixRising;818651 wrote: I may take several weeks. I didn't notice it until I got to about 80mg. I still had cravings, but they were not so intense.
          What dose did you take that in? 20 mg. 4 x per day? Do you remember when/if what dosage you hit the "switch"? That is really my goal. I am currently taking 10mg. 3 x day and have NO CHANGE in alcohol consumption/cravings! Thanks!

Comment

nykat;819043 wrote: What dose did you take that in? 20 mg. 4 x per day? Do you remember when/if what dosage you hit the "switch"? That is really my goal. I am currently taking 10mg. 3 x day and have NO CHANGE in alcohol consumption/cravings! Thanks!
            I got up to 190 and hadn't hit the switch. I was trying to quit, to be AF and that just amped up my drinking. I never gave it a real try; I wasusing the bac as a crutch, drinking till I hit the switch. I am trying it again and this time earnestly trying not to drink. I think its more effective if you don't (and therein lies the conundrum - how to stop drinking when you are taking a drug to help you do just that).

I took my 80 as 10, 20, 20, 30 at 3am, 9am, 1:00, 4:30. I always take the largest does before the witching hour.
            Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
            That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
            Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
            Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

PhoenixRising;819899 wrote: ...I think its more effective if you don't (and therein lies the conundrum - how to stop drinking when you are taking a drug to help you do just that).
              Exactly kirsti--

It's like that comedy routine:

How to become a millionaire -- first, you get a million dollars, second...
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
              X