Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nal-TSM, Bac, and Merlot

Folks.....

I'm up to 60mg on my Bac (got a script from my dr. he's interested but had to specify 'muscle spasms') and my drinking has been halved but I still enjoy my afternoon 3 big glasses of wine and I'm thinking it doesnt mix well with the Baclofen, last night I felt a bit sick.

I'm wondering if I should add Naltrexone? I see a number of people have come over from the TSM forum and I am wondering why....was there a problem with Naltrexone? I'm reading Dr. Eskpee(sp?) on the Sinclair Method, seems logical.
    I'm pretty sure I'm still getting buzzed with my afternoon ritual. The compulsion is less insistent but its still there. Will this compulsion just stop at some point with the Bac??
    Any help would be appreciated.

Azuldog in NC

Nal-TSM, Bac, and Merlot

azuldog;817402 wrote: ...

I'm wondering if I should add Naltrexone? I see a number of people have come over from the TSM forum and I am wondering why....was there a problem with Naltrexone? I'm reading Dr. Eskpee(sp?) on the Sinclair Method, seems logical.
    I'm pretty sure I'm still getting buzzed with my afternoon ritual. The compulsion is less insistent but its still there. Will this compulsion just stop at some point with the Bac??
    Any help would be appreciated.

Azuldog in NC
    Hi azul

I think people are coming here from the TSM forum because TSM isn't working for as many people as expected / apparently promised in the book, even after time-frames much longer than the clinical studies detailed in Dr Eskapa's work.

More and more seem to be turning to Baclofen instead of, or as well as, Nal under TSM.

I continue with Nal because it seems to block my pleasure at drinking, so it can only help I am guessing, and I'm not ready to give it up yet (even though I've been seven months now on TSM and most definitely not 'cured'). I think with me the Gaba side of things is just as important, and maybe more so, than the pleasure side.

To answer your question; yes, your compulsion in theory should stop at some point if you continue to increase the Bac.

Personally I'd give it more time before introducing Nal too. TSM is a long-term solution for some, and from everything I've seen and heard nothing like the near 80% from clinical trials that the book suggests.
    I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

Nal-TSM, Bac, and Merlot

Thanks 8

This Azuldog.....I'd like to pm you if you dont mind.....I just dont know how to do that yet.
      You have said some important things that I would like ask you about.

woof,

dog

Comment

Nal-TSM, Bac, and Merlot

I think the 80% alcoholics were it worked for TSM are pure my ancestors drink heavily - kind of type.

From what I saw a lot of people had actually a starting alcohol addiction because of a medical cross interaction with alcohol. For these people the opioid receptor is not helping that much (neither did it for me).

I think if there is any chance that meanwhile you were drinking you were taking a medicament, and you noticed your alcoholism got out of control very fast, that GABA is the key!
        since 23. Apr 2009 : TSM - failed to reduce units
        since 08. Jan 2010 : Naltrexone + Baclofen combination therapy
        reborn since 16. Jan 2010 : Alcohol Free (AF) - only taking Baclofen
        since 22. May 2010 : Baclofen against anxiety/fear
        since 14. Mar 2011 : off Baclofen - taking 25mg Topamax/day

My stats :
        http://www.baclofen-forum.com/stats/craving/

Comment

Working...
        X