Touchy subject--sexual changes since starting bac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wondering if any has had any 'changes' having since starting bac. I don't think this subject has been touched on yet :blush: .

Any one can pm me if they wish. Thank you in advance!!!!!
    AF July 6 2014

gotta have sex to notice....tee hee
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I have noticed a change,before i lurved alcohol now i love me

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

cute mario!!!!

Comment

I wish I could see the funny side as you guys can. In my opinion christy raises a very important and serious point.

My sex drive is significantly down since I started on Bac (I'm taking around 70mg a day now).

I've no idea if this could be a difference between male and female...I just know what's happening for me.
          I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

I ditto Mama Bear...

Comment

eight days a week;820040 wrote: I wish I could see the funny side as you guys can. In my opinion christy raises a very important and serious point.

My sex drive is significantly down since I started on Bac (I'm taking around 70mg a day now).

I've no idea if this could be a difference between male and female...I just know what's happening for me.
              No, I agree, this this why I decided to step out of the box and ask. I am finding this a bit of an issue, and then a little more :blush: as well....I am currently at 170mgs. I feel like a zombie though...tired....almost drunk, hands are tingly, but...yes, others as well.
              AF July 6 2014

Comment

BUT!!!!!! I have been AF for 4 days, with no overt cravings!!! I am to hang with friends this weekend, so we will see about drinking then........but right now, I seem to be cool with not drinking at all......
                AF July 6 2014

Comment

Christy, couldn't this be because of the overall muscle relaxing that you get from Bac?
                  I know when I was on Bac, I would be out like a light within about 5 - 10 mins of hitting the sack (and I can hear some of you saying "well that's enough time"), but sleep was the ONLY thing on my mind!
                  Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

It is a well-known fact that alcohol affects sex hormone levels in males. Even in the absence of liver dysfunction, there is still a direct toxic effect of ethanol on testosterone synthesis resulting in acutely decreased values. This study is based on 29 male alcoholics without severe signs of liver disease treated on the alcohol detoxification ward at Huddinge hospital in Stockholm, Sweden during 1995. The aim was to study levels of sex hormones in male alcoholics during detoxification with benzodiazepines and after 3 weeks of sobriety. Blood samples were taken three times: one day after admission (day 2) when the patient was sober, at discharge (day 5) and after 3 weeks of sobriety (day 21). Levels of testosterone and sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) showed the same pattern during detoxification and follow-up. They were both low, but generally within normal limits, on days 2 and 5, but raised after 3 weeks of sobriety. Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) were initially high, but were substantially depressed during detoxification. Levels of FSH recovered after 3 weeks, whereas LH remained at the same level. Most patients exhibited generally low levels of both FSH and LH, however. Levels of estrogen decreased steadily. There were no correlations between levels of sex hormones and the number of milligrams of diazepam administered to the patients during detoxification either at admission, at discharge or at follow-up. In summary, the endocrinological response to alcohol intake is complex. This study suggests that the duration of endocrinological recovery after drinking is a quite long-lasting process, that different hormones need different times to recover and that the normal glandular-pituitary feed-back processes may be partly put out of order.
                    christy you are still very early in your journey of being alcohol free,your body will/is going through tremendous changes and you can expect more,hope above helps

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Wow!!! Thank you very much!!!
                      AF July 6 2014

Comment

Christy I did not mean to be disrespectful and I feel for you

Comment

Thank you for the encouragment, eight days a week. I start on baclofen today and if it does decrease your sex drive, that is an added benefit to me. My husband has no sex drive!
                          I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                          but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

mama bear;820267 wrote: Christy I did not mean to be disrespectful and I feel for you
                            Oh no!! No worries not disrespectful.
                            AF July 6 2014

Comment

mario, that's talking about loss of sex drive due to drinking, detox, and benzo-assisted detox. I appreciate that may help christy, and hope it does, but the main point of the thread is loss of sex-drive due to Baclofen. I've been a heavy drinker for quite a while, and my sex-drive has diminished greatly since starting taking it (while still drinking). Everything else is constant, the Baclofen and the sex-drive are the only things that have changed.

sick of being sick;820371 wrote: Thank you for the encouragment, eight days a week. I start on baclofen today and if it does decrease your sex drive, that is an added benefit to me. My husband has no sex drive!
                              You make a great point, sobs. I'm single right now, so as long as Bac helps me cut down on my drinking nothing else matters short-term

mama bear;820267 wrote: Christy I did not mean to be disrespectful and I feel for you
                              christyacc;820385 wrote:
                              Oh no!! No worries not disrespectful.
                              I found it pretty rude and insensitive myself. Oh well, I haven't anything else to contribute to this thread other than what I've shared. I won't bother checking it again, and let those who want to 'tee hee' continue to have their fun.
                              I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

Working...
                              X