Hi folks - me again, seeking your reply and advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So long story short because I am really looking for feedback/responses more than anything. i started bac on 12/30 did really well for about one month - after that I had a total binge just one night. Since then i have been still drinking but i have never completely stopped talking my pills. i know its very dumb for me to do both, but i feel like the urge/cravings that initially went away have come back.
    i am now on 110 mg a day - I'm at the point where I am wondering if I should discontinue and switch to something else? Or if I should keep going and hopefully hit my switch? While I know it is certainly not the most prudent way to take the bac - i remember Dr.A drinking while he was increasing his dose ...

could it have lost its effect on me?

thoughts? really looking for the guidance that this forum provides.
    :thanks:

i think i should add that i am taking pacifen from in house this whole time. should i switch to another brand or just completely to something else?
    also helpful to know is i take 50 mg when i wake up and 60 mg when i go to bed.

Comment

I would pm Hoping for the Best about that. He has done well with baclofen. Sorry, I don't know the answer.
      I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
      but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Maco,
        My advice would be to stick with bac and stop drinking, dont wait for a "switch". Hopefully the bac will help you deal with the cravings enough to get back on track. If you dont think that will work, let me know, I would like to help if I can

Comment

Thank you so much hoping for the best and sick of being sick for your responses. I was looking for many more comments/experiences/answers,etc quite frankly as I really need the support and guidance right about now.
          Again thanks to you for at least acknowledging my post. Iwill reach out to you HFTB.

Comment

Maco,
            Sorry if I didnt tegive you much detail, All I can do is tell you what worked for me. I didn't wait until i hit the "switch", I stopped a few days into taking bac. I stopped drinking at 10-10-10. I had cravings but I found the bac took enough edge off that I didnt act on the cravings. I know most people keep drinking until they hit a switch but I wonder if thats why I am on such a low dose (20-20-20). I think this also helped me avoid the side effects that some people have that make them consider giving bac up.

Comment

Maco,
              Sorry i didnt finish what i was saying. If you would like my story, look under the thread "starting bac today" under Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, and other meds.

Comment

maco;825865 wrote: I was looking for many more comments/experiences/answers,etc quite frankly as I really need the support and guidance right about now.
                Maco,
                Many people's stories are already on this site.

If you're not having intolerable side effects, I would follow the Ameisen protocol of a rate of increase of 30 mg/day per week. So in a week's time, you should have gone from 110 mg/day to 140 mg/day, and so on. Keep going until one of three things happens:
                1. You become indifferent to alcohol, or at least are able to control your consumption to not-unhealthy levels.
                2. You reach 300 mg/day. (in 6.3 weeks)
                3. You have intolerable side effects.

Comment

Working...
                X