Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr Olivier Ameisen (part 1 of my message)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's totally hit or miss with him.

Some people get answers right away, some never. Some get engagement, and then abandonment.

He's a brilliant guy who discovered something amazing and who is doing everything HE thinks HE can do to get the treatment out there to the mainstream.

From my experience and observations, what he cannot do is PR and one-on-one help.

He feels he is doing what he is most able to do and what will make the biggest impact -- and that is to work within the medical establishment. He's the only one we have like that, as far as I know.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Otter;1169782 wrote: I'm not anxious, just amygdalicly challenged.
      :H

If the amygdala has anything to do with the sense of humour, you are most certainly not amygdalicly challenged.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

He could certainly try beatle. If the questions aren't personal and he's not trying to solicit medical advice, it may work. His questions are more on the research and scientific end. He'll never know until he tries.

I say try Cassander. You may be pleasantly surprised.
        This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Of course he can try. I agree -- try!

I didn't mean to discourage him. I simply imparted some information that might be useful in case he does try and is ignored. Which may be the case. And it may not be. Hit or miss, as I said.

And I should mention that the kinds of questions, I mean the exact questions, Cas is asking have been posed over and over to Dr. A. And he has not answered.

My observations about Dr. A come from years of interaction with many others who have had interactions with him, and/or have information about him. I only hoped those observations might be of use.

But if Cas gets answers from him that we haven't, more power to him (and to us)!

Comment

beatle;1169911 wrote: Of course he can try. I agree -- try!

I didn't mean to discourage him. I simply imparted some information that might be useful in case he does try and is ignored. Which may be the case. And it may not be. Hit or miss, as I said.

And I should mention that the kinds of questions, I mean the exact questions, Cas is asking have been posed over and over to Dr. A. And he has not answered.

My observations about Dr. A come from years of interaction with many others who have had interactions with him, and/or have information about him. I only hoped those observations might be of use.

But if Cas gets answers from him that we haven't, more power to him (and to us)!
            It is hit or miss my friend. I have emailed him twice. The first email he returned. The second he didn't. I know he likes to talk or write about what's going on in bacland. I think there's a good chance he would return an email with specific questions relating to studies and where things stand today.
            This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

In Memory

I hope this post becomes a permanent-locked post on MWO. I think so may of us are great full for his courage and determination. I already miss a man that saved my life and a man that i never had the priveledge to meet. His discovery is just now taking off in a bigger way than ever before. You never know, but baclofen might really start to takeoff now. RIP DR. AMEISEN

Comment

spiritwolf333;1534393 wrote: I hope this post becomes a permanent-locked post on MWO. I think so may of us are great full for his courage and determination. I already miss a man that saved my life and a man that i never had the priveledge to meet. His discovery is just now taking off in a bigger way than ever before. You never know, but baclofen might really start to takeoff now. RIP DR. AMEISEN
                Thanks for the "bump", Spirit. I wasn't aware that he had posted on this forum. Just now I read all of his posts.
                Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                X