Can baclofen help a sober alcoholic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnTheWagon;838863 wrote: It was the title "TYPICAL SIGNS OF RECOVERY GROUP DISORDER" and then the spewing of misinformation that followed that upset me greatly.

What "misinformation"? Explain.....
    Way to much to explain and don't care to.

Live your life. I will live mine.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

OnTheWagon;839172 wrote: Really? Why.... Just curious. You spend so much time on this website.
      You still don't get it? Unbelievable.

Cinders is someone who belongs to AA and uses Baclofen. She comes here (I think) to threads like these to get help with Baclofen use to stay abstinent, and why shouldn't she?!

She's explicitly stated that doesn't want to get into an unnecessary argument, but your hostility is (I guess) potentially driving her away from a part of this forum that could otherwise help her and others in her position tremendously.

This is not an anti-AA thread whatsoever. If you have an axe to grind about AA go grind it elsewhere. A comment or two if you disagree with AA - fine. Taking the whole thread off-topic and being persistently hostile (and partly about syntax of all things - take a look at your own posts) - not cool.

Can we continue now please? The thread's about:

I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

eight days a week;839192 wrote: Can baclofen help a sober alcoholic?
        Yes. :catroll:
        :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
        :what?:
        sigpic
        Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
        A Forum
        Trolls need not apply

Comment

I think being sober and then taking Baclofen is much better than still drinking and trying to find your "switch." I do not think you have to titrate up so high before you hit your "switch."

However, I have not been able to do that because I have had to stay at 80 mgs/day due to doctor stuff.

I am considering ordering online again.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cinders;839248 wrote: I think being sober and then taking Baclofen is much better than still drinking and trying to find your "switch." I do not think you have to titrate up so high before you hit your "switch."

However, I have not been able to do that because I have had to stay at 80 mgs/day due to doctor stuff.

I am considering ordering online again.

Love,
            Cindi
            I think you're right Cinders. I guess what I'm not sure about is : having hit the 'switch', does that enable people to go down to a lower daily maintenance dose in the long-term? Dr Ameisen takes 30mg daily, doesn't he? To put it another way, would people who haven't hit the switch have to, for example, stay at 80mg daily for life, while those who have hit the switch can go down to 40mg or maybe less most days?
            I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

first of all, please learn to spell. it's just damn hard to read your posts with incorrect spelling. revelation.
              anywhoo, you spot it you got it is not exclusive to AA. it means if you hate someone or something and you constantly focus on it and generalize to whole populations then it is buried in YOUR unconscious and YOU are using the psychological defense mechanisms of denial and projection to keep YOUR fragile ego intact. you know, like "all people from the south are rednecks and are ignorant", "all AA's are brainwashed", etc.
              i really meant what i said. no need to get defensive. i didn't mean my question of why are you on this board as an insult but a genuine question of if you don't believe in alcoholism...what are you doing here? i am here to learn about others experiences and attitudes and perhaps incorporate them into my own. i am using every tool available to end my hell of alcoholism. meditation,exercise, AA,psychotherapy,just not drinking, perhaps even medication if i observe that might work, etc. i hopefully contribute something to these forums even if its only respect and admiration for the other people who come here and contribute their time and energy.
              further, if i have the courage i am planning on trying bac in the immediate future as an experiment on finding a "switch of indifference". that to me would be incredible and would hopefully contribute to this wonderful forum.
              as such, if you could tell me more of who you are and what you believe and less of what you hate it would be appreciated.i might learn something useful. be well,gratitude

Comment

Are we still talking about Alcoholism here and isn't it what we're all fighting against? Is it AA, Nal, Bac or intolerance of others views? Maybe we should focus our attention to the real enemy that's robbing our life like how about ALCOHOLISM. If we have nothing positive to add to help each other maybe we should just keep it to ourselves. Excuse me, am I now being intolerable? So many of us our fighting for our lives and bickering back and forth about who's right is sort of small potatoes in the whole scheme of things. Move on.

Comment

OnTheWagon;839683 wrote: Good post.

And you're right...I do hate AA. It nearly killed me. Good enough reason, huh? I hope that others perusing this site will read my posts and understand.

As far as bac is concerned, go for it! I pray it will work for you as it has others.

Hang in there....
                  I understand. I hate it too. It has cost me dearly. I have been through the mill and victimized "in the rooms." Extortion, a broken rib, ripped off financially, 13th stepped - decades of "experience" here. PM me if you want to know of a site where you can share your feelings amongst like minded people.

AD

Comment

OnTheWagon;839785 wrote: Breaks my heart. I understand.
                    Thanks, like I said, I am on a recovery site from the 12 steps (as in recovering from the 12 steps) if you ever need to write me. Just please PM. There are many of us out there, one just has to know where to look.

Comment

Working...
                    X