Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax - Hair loss

Hi Northgirl...

Sorry to say I noticed hairloss too. I have long hair and it has thinned and gotten brittle. I quit taking it for that reason. I am almost ready to just cut it off because me getting off alcohol is more important to me than my long hair.

I can't believe I'm saying that because I love my long hair and I look much better with it. But I am sick of this effing battle. I can't seem to do it with out the Topa and I do so well on it. I relasped terribly after I tried to quit after the recommended 12 week period so I am back on the Topa and am hoping that SE will go away cause I have so many other fabulous side effects. I lose weight almost immediately.

And for those of you who experience the fog order the provigil from River and take half a pill it helps alot. I was able to get a sample of the nuvigil but my insurance wouldn't cover it. So I tried that and it really seems to help.

Good luck my friends.

Comment

Topamax - Hair loss

Bky and North, I did read a couple of posts from people whose hair grew back even while on long term topa, so have hope!

Comment

Topamax - Hair loss

Good to know Bruun...

I am gonna keep on truckin.. this time.. I think I am just going to up my dosage slower. Maybe if I stay on a lower dose my body will adjust better and that will help.

I am suppose to be doing a 30 day AF.... hmph... but I am thinking of trying this when I get back up to a higher dosage when its easier. When I was at 300mg I could care less or not whether I had alcohol or not. It was almost like a pain in my ass when my friends when ask me to have a drink.

Right now I just went up to 75 from 50mg. And I started back on 50mg and had only been on 50mg for a week. The pressure is killing me for reason. It makes me so frigging grouchy knowing I can't have a glass of wine. grrrr....

I much nicer if I just drink. I'm not a mad drunk or drinker. Not even in the morn on a hangover.

Anyway thanks for the advice...

Comment

Working...
        X