Dr. Fred Levin colleague of Dr. Ameisen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you submit this thru insurance? Walgreens says that the drug without insurance is 77.00 and Costco is saying it is 9.00. Should I submit this to my insurance to get the price cheaper? What did you do?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Hi there,

I'm at work today, so I'll have to make this brief. And I have to use my phone to avoid the eye in the sky, ya know. Hopefully others can pipe in and share their experiences. I do submit mine to insurance. My refills would cost me about $200 a pop for about 900mg without insurance. I know there's options to save tons of $ with the 10mg tabs with walgreens. Maybe others can tell you about it. I was very worried about this going on my insurance and record, so to speak. Dr L bills for depression and told me if there were ever a problem where I was questioned for other reasons-like insurance coverage, he would talk to them. He would say he was treating me off-label for depression and extreme anxiety with bac. I'm sure he'd do the same for you, if you so needed.

Hope this helps. It's been unusually quiet today, so I could get on here.
      This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Thanks for your help! I just have one more question. I am trying to contact the good Dr. Fred but his work phone is busy (as he told me it probably would be). So which number do you think I should call? It's not an emergency so I don't want to call his cell. I told him I would call him and let him know how I made out with filling my prescription - which was unsuccessful as of right now. Please help. Thanks

Comment

I would keep trying the office. It's only 1:45pm here. If he gave you his cell you could call it, if it's getting late and you can't get through. I think? I've never had to call it. He says it's always available, though. Isn't getting your first bac script an emergency? :H. JK. I'll bet it feels like it Happyness, been there.

Comment

I got a hold of him! He's going to call the RX in. I cannot wait to get started. If I do run this through insurance, I'm sure it may be cheaper. Now, once I get the initial prescription do I always have to go to walgreens or can I go to another store where the price is cheaper?

Comment

You can do whatever you want Happyness. Just communicate with good doc and tell him what you need and why. He'll most likely happily oblige.

Comment

His contact info is on the last page of this thread:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ion-47247.html

Comment

redhead77- I appreciate your help. The pharmacy hasn't filled the prescription yet as they are still waiting for their shipment. I'm willing to pay more money for this because I simply do not want it to go on my insurance record. I'm scared that my insurance may drop me if they really look deep into the issue ( know what I mean)? Did you run into any problems with your insurance?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

bumpity for the newbity

Comment

Ha! I spent a good while searching the threads for Dr. L's contact info today, before finally finding this and Ne's directions here on where to find his info. Exactly 2.5 hours before Ne bumped this thread. I did call, and left a message on his work line. Ne, you're some kind of baclofen psychic!
                      "Yet someday this will have an end
                      All choices made or choice resigned,
                      And in your face the literal eye
                      Trace little of your history,
                      Nor ever piece the tale entire
                      Of villages that had to burn
                      And playgrounds of the will destroyed
                      Before you could be safe from time
                      And gather in your brow and air
                      The stillness of antiquity."

From "At Majority" by Adrienne Rich

Comment