Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax Questions

QUESTION???

I am currently on 200 mg of Topamax. Started in February. I was doing really well at 150 mg and wanted to increase to 200 mg just to feel more stable. (My Dr had only given me 50 mg and I had increased on my own and finally convinced her to give me 200 mg after I had increased).
    Anyway, I got the new prescription and I know that the manufacturer changed. (It is generic) I have been having tingling which I never had before. But, the main thing is that I have had some cravings come on which I had not had before either. It is really bothering me that I am having cravings while I am taking the Topamax. I even drank last night. :upset: I didn't take my 2nd 100 mg yesterday because I drank but having the cravings is bothering me.
    Has anybody else experienced this?
    I did call & talk to the pharmacist and she didn't think the different manufacturer would cause the side effects to change.

Any advise would be appreciated.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Topamax Questions

Are your cravings mental or physical? I did not have physical cravings. But when on Topa if I drank I would want to drink more and would eventually drink over it. Especially if I drank hard stuff. The tingling to me always meant it was working. I took several different makes of the drug. Didn't really see a difference. However after a couple a months the honeymoon would be over and I would have to fight harder against drinking. It isn't a magic bullet. PM if I can help.

Comment

Topamax Questions

Thanks Sidney. They are mental cravings. And I should have just stuck it out. I would not have minded if I had gone out and had a drink at dinner with friends. But, I bought two bottles of champagne and brought them home and drank 1-1/2. It was all mental. Bringing me right back to where I was before.
      Thanks for the post. Now, I know that I need to be more diligent and stay on top of this. I need to fight harder than ever. I think I was coasting because I had not been having cravings. So, it is time for me to hunker down and prepare for battle!!! I am going to do this!!!!
      Thank you!
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Topamax Questions

I think you are off to a great start. We all have to kick this demon to the curb. I find the mental craving creep up on me still after more than 7 months. I know I have to stay out of liguor stores ....if I buy it I am going to drink it. Stay strong Nora the Topa will help you. You are doing so well!

Comment

Topamax Questions

Good to know.......gotta keep our heads in the right place....
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
          X