Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antabuse Update

Hi Everyone,

I just thought I would give a brief update on my Antabuse experience (so far).

Today is my 12th day on Antabuse. The first 10 days I took (2) 250mg tablets. Yesterday I was able to cut my dose down to (1) 250mg tablet (as per the directions on the bottle). When I was taking 500mg's a day, I was extremely drowsy (extremely! I would suggest starting this medication on a weekend, or whenever your schedule allows for lots of naps), but today I feel a huge difference after going down to the "maintenance" dose. So far, I have had no reactions to food, hygiene products, or anything else while on Antabuse.

I honestly feel this drug has released me from the prison I was in. Once the pill is taken, you physically CANNOT drink, so what's to even think about? No more delimma. It is what it is. Move on with the day.

Now my liver is physically NOT capaple of processing alcohol, plain and simple. If I have a beer, my body will NOT process it, so I might as well just pour formaldyhde down my throat instead. This has been the KEY to changing how I think about drinking. I have never had such a positive experience in any of my previous quits. This time it's just a "done deal"...no more arguing with myself or anybody else!

Anyway, I just thought I would share my positive experience with this medication. I know a lot of people are skeptical about taking it, but if you honestly want to be alcohol free, and are committed to it, I can't recommend it enough.

Thanks for reading my post, they're not usually this long. lol
    Guess my energy is kicking back in
    Take Care!
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Antabuse Update

I am so happy for you K9!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Antabuse Update

Great news K9 I'm so happy your having good results. As far as I'm aware Antabuse isn't used for cravings so would it be possible too maybe just take it say every 2-3 days or would you not get as sick if you were to have a drink?
      Started TSM 07/12 Pre TSM... 50-100 UK units

Drinking under control. Still shooting for abstinence.

Comment

Antabuse Update

Hey K9,

Awesome. Glad it's working so well for you!!

On Antabuse myself on Day 31 today so it's doing magic for me too! Just stick to your dose and continue taking the Antabuse. Dont' make the mistake I made last year when I got overconfident after 3 months or so and stopped taking it..

Just continue on it for a couple of months at least.

Great post. Keep going!!!
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Working...
        X