Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

difficulties staying AF on Bac

Hi all...

I'm just wondering if anyone, the more the better, could tell me how difficult it was/is for you to go AF on Bac. I know people have said it works better when you are AF, but how hard was it? Was it all willpower, little, or no willpower....

I am curious....I find I can go a week AF but then I get a fleeting thought, and have no willpower....and BAM!

:thanks:
    AF July 6 2014

Christy,
    I found that I needed little to no willpower to go AF on bac. How bad are the cravings after a week? would it be possible for you to set a goal of say 30 days to stay motivated? How much are you drinking when you do drink again?

Comment

I'm having trouble being AF on Baclofen. I go through my doctor to get it and no way is he going to up my dose to really high levels due to the side effects I have experienced on low doses (up to 40mg right now).

Taking Nal too.

The best medication for me was Vivitrol (Nal in shot form). I don't know why it worked better than the Nal tablets do, but I was completely AF (minuse 1-2 days a month).

Right now drinking daily (2 drinks per day - occasionally more).

Worried and confused. I want to be AF so badly. Ughhh!
      The Universe stirs up our comfortable nests, and pushes us over the edge of them, forcing us to use out wings...

Comment

I was only AF for about 4 days before I hit my switch... So I guess you're actually not doing too badly...
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I drank with my BAC all the time through and for me it helped lessen the side effects....for me it was the only way!

Comment

Working...
          X