Now I'm confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I'm confused

I'm glad Fallonsmom! I agree with Billyb, be prepared to go pretty high on your dosage. There's a big range for when the switch kicks in. 60 mg seems low to me (mine happened at twice that). The side-effects can be hard --but many here don't have any at all. For me, just knowing what I might expect on baclofen really helped a lot when I encountered SEs Keep a positive attitude, realistic expectations, and stay armed with lots of information. You can do this!

Comment

Now I'm confused

Henrietta;843739 wrote: I'm glad Fallonsmom! I agree with Billyb, be prepared to go pretty high on your dosage. There's a big range for when the switch kicks in. 60 mg seems low to me (mine happened at twice that). The side-effects can be hard --but many here don't have any at all. For me, just knowing what I might expect on baclofen really helped a lot when I encountered SEs Keep a positive attitude, realistic expectations, and stay armed with lots of information. You can do this!
      anything has to be better then this withdrawel feeling
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Now I'm confused

Count me in as another TSM/bac user. Unfortunately, TSM didn't work for me but I still take my nal faithfully one hour before I drink. I am only up to 100mg on the bac b/c I can't get an rx for more (I'm refilling my prescription early just to get to 100). So far, no switch. Seeing my dr. thursday and will try to persuade her to up my dosage. Otherwise, I'm going to order online. GL with whatever method you choose. Personally, I like the TSM theory better as you don't have to take a med the rest of your life. I just wish it worked for me....but it has for many others.

Comment

Now I'm confused

So I came home and finished the book I took 5mg and 2 shots to get rid of the withdrawal so far so good could this be working so fast? Usually by now I would have drank a half of pint and passed out.

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Now I'm confused

FallonsMom, please find RV9's post of the way to take BAC and you won't be disappointed. Just my advise.

corkit

Comment

Now I'm confused

Fallon,
              The way I did it was use the tiredness that bac causes to my advantage. instead of drinking when the tiredness hit me, I just slept through the witching hours. after a few days of that, the cravings became very insignificant. Good Luck!

Comment

Now I'm confused

Thank you everybody I'm going to stick around and see if this will really work

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Now I'm confused

Hoping for the best;841078 wrote: Guys,
                  I went to my doctor to get Nal but he suggested baclofen instead. .
                  Hi - me again - Sister Susanna - studying this site like a maniac. Who is your doctor? In Toronto or anywhere in Ontario by chance???

Comment

Now I'm confused

hi Susanna,
                    No not in TO, I am in NB. I have often wondered tho if I could help out my fellow Canadians by getting my DR to reach out to other Drs in other cities, provinces....

Comment

Now I'm confused

Hoping for the best;844518 wrote: hi Susanna,
                      No not in TO, I am in NB. I have often wondered tho if I could help out my fellow Canadians by getting my DR to reach out to other Drs in other cities, provinces....
                      That would be a really great thing to do. Perhaps I could get a dr here to contact your doctor to get it started? It is Dr. A's goal, and Dr Levin's too, to get a network of drs all over the world familiar with this protocol.
                      Could we collaborate on this? I find a doc here for Paul (he doesn't have a gp yet - typical male...

Sis-susanna.

Comment

Now I'm confused

How does a person keep track of their own posts and replies- where's the place on thist site to do that?

Comment

Now I'm confused

If u click on the person's name, it will bring u to a screen and there is a spot that says " find all posts by this person" or another that says "find all threads started by this person".
                          As for Drs contacting each other, I would have to discuss this with my Dr - but he is a very open Dr who attends functions with other Drs which is how he found out about baclofen. I went to him looking for Naltrexone but he called a colleague of his who deals with alcoholism and he was the one that reccommended Baclofen. How is your brother today?

Comment

Now I'm confused

"Hoping for the best" if you read this reply, in NS, and would like to know name of doc…

Comment

Working...
                            X