Anyone with Experience taking Campral??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new: Hi everyone; not exactly new but haven't been in the forums for a long time.

My silly question is: do you have to be COMPLETELY abstinent when you start Campral? I'm obviously not too confident in my ability to stay on the wagon.

Anyone have experience with this?

I've been abstinent, thanks to Antabuse, since Feb 8th but in search of a more longterm solution, just started with a Psychiatrist who's prescribed me Campral, which I've never taken but read lots about over the years. I've stopped the antabuse and since I am getting the Campral via mail order pharmacy, won't be able to start Campral for at least a week and a half.

Thanks and sorry if I am sullying the chatroom.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...It's about learning how to dance in the rain." - Vivian Green

Hi Ninja,

Been a while since I've taken campral, but of you click on the link below you'll probably be able to find the answers

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...tes-38480.html

Hope this helps

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ninja,

I tried it a couple of years ago and one of the side effects most commonly known that I experienced was digestive disturbances. I'll PM you.

Comment

ninja, i started taking campral when i was 2 weeks sober. im still on it and havent had a drink for over 2 months. i dont know if it is the campral or if my head is finally in the right place to do this. ive had a bit of a dodgy tummy, wind and diahrroeah, but for me thats a small price to pay.
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

:lHi Ninja,
          My doctor did not want to prescribe Antabuse, with which i had success previously, but is not available here..When my stock ran out I fell back into heavy drinking, as the underlying issues is still there. My doctor prescribed Campral, which made my feel bloated an dizzy and did not stop me because I simply continued drinking.Then thankfully I managed to place a successfull online order for Antabuse and this is my 3rd day AF, no internal struggles. I plan to be AF for at at least 30 days, and might try the Campral after that.
          Please keep me up to date about how you are doing.
          make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

i used

revia (naltraxone) for the best part of 8 years, and i still drank,,dont want to discourage you though, i am now on baclofen..seems to help
            good luck
            rudolf

Comment

I tried it in the long run it didn't work for me and it made my tummy hurt
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Working...
              X