baclofen for anxiety... ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone, I haven't posted here much but I have a few questions for you Bac users. I want to order some Baclofen to try specifically for anxiety. Not sure where I am going to buy from yet but

1( should I get the 10mg tabs or the 25mg tabs? Can you split the tabs in order to taper up when starting out? Maybe a dumb question but thought I would ask.

2( at what dosage are people noticing the anti anxiety properties of Baclofen?

I'm also a drunk :upset: Currently I am doing pretty well at abstaining from alcohol but I am a binge drinker and it seems that every 3 or 4 months I really start craving it again and inevitably start hitting the bottle again for a few days straight... I am curious to see what this does for my alcohol cravings as well. I tried the Sinclair Method last year and really thought that it may have been working at first but then it really became a miserable failure for me. I gave it about six months but ended up not really drinking much less and still landed in the hospital twice for detox from alcohol.

Any advice is appreciated.

I'm at 20mg and yes I am very calm I've been on it since last week I started at 15mg the cravings are really starting to go away I even had a few AL free nights with little to no effort.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Yeah!! you're going to make it FallonsMom, I just know you are.

Comment

Baclofen does works on fear / anxiety. the problem for me is that it mainly works best on increase, and then normalizes itself. So most likely I would need to keep on increasing it to remain anxiety free.
        since 23. Apr 2009 : TSM - failed to reduce units
        since 08. Jan 2010 : Naltrexone + Baclofen combination therapy
        reborn since 16. Jan 2010 : Alcohol Free (AF) - only taking Baclofen
        since 22. May 2010 : Baclofen against anxiety/fear
        since 14. Mar 2011 : off Baclofen - taking 25mg Topamax/day

My stats :
        http://www.baclofen-forum.com/stats/craving/

Comment

corkit;848882 wrote: Yeah!! you're going to make it FallonsMom, I just know you are.
          I have hope I'm going slow

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Hi Bminor! I took baclofen and dosed up to 270mg where I hit my switch and am now free from all alcohol cravings. It is a glorious feeling!!! How much do you know about baclofen? Are you familiar with the switch? Are you wanting to go for the switch or just try to get some anti-anxiety effects?

The reason I ask is because for me the anti-anxiety effects were the best at low doses but although the cravings were mildly reduced, I was still drinking. It wasn't until I hit the switch that the cravings went away. Everybody has a different level for their switch. So, I'll do my best to answer your questions based on my experience.

1) You can split the tablets in half easily (at least the ones that I have had from 4rx.com and inhousepharmacy.com and from a real prescription in the US). I had a combination of 25mg, 20mg, and 10mg and used these to vary my dose. However, the 20mg pills were stronger than the other two so I had to take that into account.

2) I noticed the most anti-anxiety effects at about 30-80mg. Once I started getting into the higher 100's and into the 200's, I would actually get a little more anxious at the peak of my doses because of the icky, dizzy, foggy, feelings. If you want to read more about this, you can find a link to my story at the beginning of this thread:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...0mg-41806.html

However, after reaching the switch and dosing back down I have found that even at these higher doses (I am around 190mg now), I have much improved SE's than I did when I was at this dose going up, and my anxiety is lower. Every one seems to react different to bac so you kinda just have to try it and see how it goes for you. Just expect the side effects and approach it with caution but determination if you want to go for the switch. It is SO TOTALLY worth all the aggravating side effects along the way!

Hope this helps some!

Kelly

Comment

Thank you Kelly,

Right now I am just wanting to try it for anxiety but may end up going for "the switch" as well. Thank you so much for the reply.

Comment

I also found the lower doses of Baclofen to wipe out my intense anxiety. The day I started, I took 5mg in the morning and 5 at night. I slept the whole night for the first time in my life and woke up refreshed and with NO anxiety. Usually my anxiety is worst in the morning, and getting out of bed is excruciating for me because I feel like I have the weight of the world on my chest. This disappeared overnight. At lower levels this continued miraculously until I got up to about 80, when, like birdy, bac started to agitate me and my anxiety returned. However, with bac, I am at least able to be rational about my anxiety. It used to come out of the blue, like panic attacks do, and with bac I am able to attempt to find out where it is coming from instead of hitting the bottle.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

beatle;850158 wrote: I also found the lower doses of Baclofen to wipe out my intense anxiety. The day I started, I took 5mg in the morning and 5 at night. I slept the whole night for the first time in my life and woke up refreshed and with NO anxiety. Usually my anxiety is worst in the morning, and getting out of bed is excruciating for me because I feel like I have the weight of the world on my chest. This disappeared overnight. At lower levels this continued miraculously until I got up to about 80, when, like birdy, bac started to agitate me and my anxiety returned. However, with bac, I am at least able to be rational about my anxiety. It used to come out of the blue, like panic attacks do, and with bac I am able to attempt to find out where it is coming from instead of hitting the bottle.
                  this is where I am right now

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Working...
                  X