Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to ask my Doctor for?

Hi all!

I found this website on Friday and am hooked! I downloaded the book and am putting together my plan. When I approach my Doctor about the Topamax, what type of prescription should I ask for? One for 25mg and a second for 100mg? How many? What have other physicians prescribed?

Thanks!
    Kat

Hi Basakt

welcome to our wondeful site hope you find all the information and help you need here ( and friendship too). Just thought I would put my view in , which is have alook around the site at the other meds available before you decide on topamax, I took it a few years back but have found baclofen to be much better ( just my personal prefernce) . BUt whatever you choose good luck and have a look at the chat facillity its a great way of meeting other memebrs and getting support .

Regards BH

Comment

Hi Baskat- welcome! I agree with BH - wander the site and see all the other options - I do take Topa and it has worked for me - I have been AF since beginning of Jan. I had called my doc's office ahead of time asking him to check this site out and also to check out Topa for the Alcohol. When I went to the Doc I was armed with more info about this site, plus the pages out of the book about the titration schedule for the Topa. He went along with the whole thing, but has monitored me closely.

Many people have luck with Baclofen too - again, lots of info here, you really just need to peruse the site, read, ask questions and decide for yourself. Welcome again - it is a great place - loads of support - great people, all the help you could ever ask for.

Sunshinedaisies
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Welcome Baskat!

I second all the information posted above. All I have to add is to keep an open mind and keep flexible. Many of us have had to try a few different things before we reached the turning point. There are no two people who will have the identical experience with one drug, let alone one approach. So whether you get there through topamax, nutrition and meditation, or baclofen and supplements, just remember there are lots of people here who have gone through everything you're likely to face, who have made it, and now want to help others make it too.

Second, it's great that you are working with your doctor. But doctors need to be open-minded and flexible too. Unfortunately many are not, especially in the US where a huge recovery industry has established itself. A lot of the AA or the highway mindset. Many of us have had to "go it alone" armed with our own research and using online pharmacies. It takes courage and conviction, not to mention a little desperation.

So take heart Baskat, and keep in touch!

Henrietta

Comment

Working...
        X