dmae and alcohol-i was right!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, im so proud of myself for knowing myself so well. heheh. lol i take dmae for my skin. its supposed to increase elasticity. i just started it and couldve sworn i noticed i felt the same as i did when i took the baflocen , like the cravings were lessened. and when i drink, the same thing. i drink slower. i wouldnt think about alcohol so often as when i didnt take it. i questioned whether it was in my head. but after doing some research, i noticed i dont think it is in my head

Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE)
    Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) an amino acid that exists in very low quantities in the human brain normally. DMAE is responsible for increasing acetylcholine levels in the brain by inhibiting Choline metabolism in the body. Since DMAE increases Choline levels in the body, more Choline is present to cross the blood brain barrier to raise acetylcholine levels in the brain.

Alcohol depletes acetylcholine levels in the brain thus accounting for some of the cognitive impairments and withdrawal symptoms associated with alcohol ingestion. Low acetylcholine levels produced by alcohol intake results in long and short term memory deficits, trouble focusing, concentrating as well as stage 4 (REM) sleep deprivation. Use of DMAE raises the level of Choline and thereby acetylcholine levels to reverse these adverse effects caused by alcohol abuse.

DMAE has been reported to diminish withdrawal headaches, improve mood, decrease irritability, and raise cognitive function and energy levels although this latter effect may be secondary to its restorative benefit on REM sleep (stage 4). Some individuals even report improved creativity and will power which can help deal with alcohol cravings during acute alcohol withdrawal.

Conclusion

Medical researchers have speculated that the means by which DMAE increases brain acetylcholine levels is by inhibiting Choline metabolism in peripheral tissues, thereby allowing free Choline to accumulate and subsequently enter the brain where it is converted to acetylcholine.

DMAE increases the concentration of Choline in the bloodstream because it enhances the rate at which free Choline enters the blood from other tissues. DMAE increases the levels of Choline in the brain due to DMAE's superior ability to cross the blood-brain barrier.

DMAE has been reported to offer the following benefits:

Decreases the incidence and severity of hangovers in people who consume excessive amounts of alcohol (subjects reported freedom from the depression or headaches associated with hangovers).
    Alleviates anxiety and restless feelings associated with alcohol withdrawal
    Alleviates the behavioral problems and hyperactivity associated with Attention Deficit Disorder (increases attention span, decreases aggression, irritability, and cognitive thinking that decreases during and after alcohol abuse. Improves learning ability and sometimes increases intelligence in 70% of ADD patients)
    Inhibits and reverses the cross-linking of proteins critical in alcohol recovery.
    Increases the body's production of energy aiding in feeling of being ran down typically associated with alcohol abuse.
    Increases assertiveness (subjects reported having a more outspoken personality).
    Reduces apathy and increases motivation in persons afflicted with depression often associated with alcohol withdrawal.
    Improves creativity and verbal thinking (fluency).
    Increases intelligence, improves learning and memory often decreased with alcohol abuse or consumption.
    Elevates mood alleviating alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
    Reduces the amount of sleep required by about 1 hour per night, causes dreams to become more lucid (vivid), and users experience sounder sleep.
    Increases daytime motivation and physical energy in persons afflicted with insomnia.
    Increases willpower (subjects who previously were unable to stop drinking reported success).
    Increases acetylcholine levels within the brain decreasing alcohol withdrawals and alcohol cravings.
    It is a cell wall stabilizer in association with cell damage caused by alcohol.
    Apparently removes lipofuscin (accumulation of toxic pigments) from cells, including nerve and brain cells (neurons), and age spots from the skin.
    Improves free-radical scavenging of other antioxidants.

Information
    Mission statement

Vision statement

Meet the Doctor

Testimonials

Product Education

O.T.H.

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Ashwagandha

Vitamin B Complex

GABA (Gamma Aminobutyric Acid)

L - Glutamine

DL - Phenylalanine

Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE)

L - Theanine

Taurine

L - Tryptophan

L - Tyrosine

Zinc

O.T.H. PM

Meeting Schedules

Nutritional Support

Products

SeaCore Support

Contact us

Frequently Asked Questions

Employment Opportunties

Partners in Recovery
    My account
    Sign in / Register
    Orders
    Track my order(s):

Track my order(s): .
    Search:
    Home About SeaCore, Inc. Contact Us Sitemap

Copyright ? 2010 SeaCore Nutraceuticals, Inc. Powered by

what dose do you take? I think i might try this as well! excellent info thanks
    :notes:
    Lion

Comment

Very interesting. Thank you.

Can you post the link for that information?
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I think it is here-

Product Education :: O.T.H. :: Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) - SeaCore Nutraceuticals, Inc. Reduce Alcohol Withdrawal & Cravings

They have some other products for alcohol abuse too.

Comment

Time4Change1;855373 wrote: wow, im so proud of myself for knowing myself so well. heheh. lol i take dmae for my skin. its supposed to increase elasticity. i just started it and couldve sworn i noticed i felt the same as i did when i took the baflocen , like the cravings were lessened. and when i drink, the same thing. i drink slower. i wouldnt think about alcohol so often as when i didnt take it. i questioned whether it was in my head. but after doing some research, i noticed i dont think it is in my head
          Time2Change1, thanks so much for the interesting information. I do have a question, do you just take 100 mg of DMAE in capsule form, or did you order the O.T.H. product from the site (from the link attached by Tryagain). The O.T.H. has quite a few of other amino acids, b-complex, etc in it. Thanks again.
          Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

I take 100mg in capsule form..for your skin your supposed to take do it topically and internally according to dr. perricone. i had no clue about the alcohol benefits. hehe . i think you can go up to 300. im not sure if increasing would increase the cravings etc. i also dont know how much its really helping me or how much is in my head. but definitely at least helping a little. ive taken baclofen and kudzu, and i only was able to get up to 70mg of baclofen due to side effects, i d have to say i compare it to that . its hard to say ya know? who knows how much of us wanting alcohl is out of habit or craving.

Comment

Thanks for that info Time4change, I have tried a few non-pharma things in my time that have been said to reduce cravings.

One thing I have found with most of them is that the first few days they really seem to help, but very soon any positive effects seem to wear off. have you been taking DMAE for a while and still find it to be beneficial?

I do realise everyone is different and what is your case may not be someone elses, but I would be interested to know.

Thanks again for the information.

Comment

Oops, I got DHEA by mistake...guess I will return it Should have written it down!

I get discouraged with all the supplements...not sure if any have really done much for me, but I'm always interested to hear about a new one.

Comment

hehe, i heard of dhea also. TRYAGAIN, the effects havent worn off no.. i also havent taken it religiousally and notice whenever i start taking it again the lessening of cravings and drinking fast, getting drunk, etc. so i dont know if taking it every day for months and months would lessen the effects.

Comment

its worth a try, not pricey and supposedly has other benefits as well.

Comment

Out of all the products I have tried, this is the only one has seemed to work for me, I used to take DMAE & L-Glutamine and buying these two were way more then what O.T.H. cost. Worth every penny.

Comment

WOW!

I'm printing this for my doctor to take a look. He has me on 50mg of Bac and 300mg of Naltrexone (highest does you can take).

Thanks!
                        The Universe stirs up our comfortable nests, and pushes us over the edge of them, forcing us to use out wings...

Comment

I'm curious to see if others input their experience w/ DMAE. I've been on 50mg of Topa for 6 months. Some months I began taking DMAE 130MG 2 times a day. I must that I haven't any discernible difference in AC activity. Welcome other comments as I do look for alternative supplementation to fight my battle. Thanks.
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I'm taking DMAE too, for my skin and also because I thought it may help my mood. This is great news if it helps with alcohol problems as well.
                            I've got the powder form so it's quite difficult to get the dose right ! I meant to send for a tiny plastic measuring scoop from the same place and forgot. I've made a skin gel with it too.
                            Drinking..... but in moderation.

Comment

can you take it when you are taking antidepressants???
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X