Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor in London

Hi all

I'm new here, I have a long term alcohol problem, I have had lengthy periods of sobriety in AA but finds it no longer works for me.

I'm keen to try Baclofen and hope someone will be able to give me the contact details of doctor in London willing to prescribe Bac. I assume it will be private and that should be okay as long as it's not too expensive,

Please PM me with details if you can help.

:new:
    If the prophet knocked my door with all that heaven held in store i'd probably ask to see a sample.

Doctor in London

Hang in there SW16, i don't take med's myself, but there will be lot's of folk's along soon with info, and quite a few here taking baclofen.

Best wishes.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Doctor in London

Yes WELCOME SW16. I'm taking topamax which is working when combined with the supps the MWO program recommends. There are many folks from the UK that should be picking up on your post and providing the input you need. Best of luck. :welcome:
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Doctor in London

Hi London! Not at all familiar with the medical system in the UK. But a word of advice. Even if you are lucky enough to find a doctor willing to prescribe Bac, many people on this site, from all over the world, have had doctors unwilling to prescribe over 100 mg per day. It's not that Bac is unsafe at higher doses, there just isn't a lot of data in the drug guidelines that doctors reference. So many doctors feel uncomfortable prescribing over 100 mg per day. Unfortunately, many of us have hit our switch at the higher levels. I'm a female who weighs 108 lbs (about 50K) and I hit the switch at 130 mg. So you can extrapolate from there; you may need to go much higher.

I bring this up because most of us here had to make the decision to order Bac on our own from one of the many online Bac sources. Some are better and more reasonable than others. There are a number of threads that can help you if you need to go that route so pls let us know if you would like some links. I hope you don't need to. Having a doctor on board would be a great advantage.

Good luck and keep in touch. I almost was going to tell you that Bac saved my life, but it really was a combination of Bac and the experience/advice of the wonderful people on this site. I couldn't had made it with just one or the other. The best advice I can give now is, while you are waiting for the Bac, read read read. Then, if and when you take it and you should have any side-effects, read some more! Being informed will take you most of the way. I promise you it is so very worth it.

Comment

Doctor in London

Welcome London, you've come to a great place to get AF. Someone will have the answers you need.
          AF since April 19, 2010
          NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
          -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Doctor in London

All consultants - Capio Nightingale Hospital

At least three of the Dr's here are willing to prescribe Bac (in principle and subject to full diagnosis) all charge private fees of ?300 per hour. I don't know if they are willing to go above 100mg per day.

If you are interested speak to the admissions dept

If you are new look at the threads re ordering on line, there are, I'm told, reliable suppliers for the UK on line.

Kevin
            If the prophet knocked my door with all that heaven held in store i'd probably ask to see a sample.

Comment

Working...
            X