Lookin' for LoOp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin' for LoOp

Can you check in and let us know how you're doing? Or just that you ARE doing? You have been pivotal in my own journey (with baclofen and my need for reliable information), and probably for many others. I peeked at the TSM forum. I am so sympathetic with your experience, although I know that doesn't change things at all. Makes me think of the Zen saying, "If you understand, things are just as they are. And if you don?t understand, things are still just as they are."
    (see "fuck" thread!) :h:h
    "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Lookin' for LoOp

RedThread12;860774 wrote: Can you check in and let us know how you're doing? Or just that you ARE doing? You have been pivotal in my own journey (with baclofen and my need for reliable information), and probably for many others. I peeked at the TSM forum. I am so sympathetic with your experience, although I know that doesn't change things at all. Makes me think of the Zen saying, "If you understand, things are just as they are. And if you don?t understand, things are still just as they are."
    (see "fuck" thread!) :h:h
    Try pming him, he will get an e-mail that way. Sober people seldom come back here.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Lookin' for LoOp

Lo0p still logs on daily.

On the MWO Community home page, scroll down almost to the bottom of the page: there you can see a list of members who are currently online as well as those who have logged on during the course of that day.

He mentioned before that he isn't really posting anymore but that he reads the posts.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Lookin' for LoOp

Cinders;860805 wrote: Sober people seldom come back here.

Cindi
        Hey! Some of us do!!! :l
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Lookin' for LoOp

Cinders;860805 wrote: Sober people seldom come back here.

Cindi
          How sad, as they are the ones that can help & give much understanding to others.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Lookin' for LoOp

I agree Mario and I love looking at peoples signature as to how long they have been sober - it gives so much encouragement to us all
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Lookin' for LoOp

Tip,

Wow, you have a lot of time on your hands if you actually look at who is online. :-)

Mario, I agree. People like you, Tip, Kate and others give me such hope. I am glad you log in, read and reply. It helps so many. :l:l

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Lookin' for LoOp

Cinders;860934 wrote: Tip,

Wow, you have a lot of time on your hands if you actually look at who is online. :-)

Mario, I agree. People like you, Tip, Kate and others give me such hope. I am glad you log in, read and reply. It helps so many. :l:l

Love,
                Cindi
                Not a lot of time: just attention to detail. If you see someone hasn't even logged on for a while but should have, it might be time to ask them why
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Lookin' for LoOp

Hey I'm here. :l

I check in at least once or twice every day. I don't get to read everything but I do get to most of it I think. Been busy with a new job in a neighboring city.

Every time I make it to my computer I have a half finished post up that I fell asleep while thinking about or something... edit: like this one I started last night :H

I'm doing well. Alcohol is no longer an issue in my life whereas this time last year it was nearly over for me. Doctors were telling me I was going to die soon and I had plans to die sooner. It's been a complete 180 for me since then. I'm a very healthy boy now. Very healthy!

I still drink every once in a while, like once every other week. I never feel guilty about it and rarely drink to excess. I should be drinking more often than I am for TSM but I just plain don't want to right now. Honestly I'm a little more worried about my dependency on baclofen than AL.

I wish I could spend more time here and I might be able to in the future but it's hard right now. Honestly, this is one of my favorite groups of people because I share so much in common with everyone here. What distinguishes us here from the other alcoholics I know is that we actually want
                  a way out.

Some of us want to die, which I wholeheartedly understand. Some of us want a way out. But some of us want to live like that, in hell and misery, which is something I will never understand.

I'm not going anywhere for a long time yet. My story isn't over. Aren't I the prototype for TSM + baclofen? I'm curious too to see how it works out in the end, and I'll definitely be around to let everyone else know.
                  :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                  :what?:
                  sigpic
                  Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                  A Forum
                  Trolls need not apply

Comment

Lookin' for LoOp

Loop

Good hear from you again and it sound like your doing well...good for you my friend. I was wondering what happened to you.

Comment

Lookin' for LoOp

I was also wondering where you were. Glad you are well.

Comment

Lookin' for LoOp

Loop... you should finish those half-written posts more often! HA!

Great to see you here. I have over 3 months AF now on Bac and feeling great. But your story, how you've truly managed to find a place for everything in your life and to start a new job to boot is nothing less than inspiring.

A couple of people have commented that once people become sober, they tend to drift away from this site. It's still early days for me but I just can't see myself doing that. I know that if I hadn't found this site, discovered Bac, and got all the support and advice when I did, I would be in a very different place right now. Consequently, I feel rather obligated to check in every day and pipe up when I see someone could use some advice. Also (and this just occured to me), I actually think that it helps me!

Comment

Working...
                        X