Need Advice re: Topamax Dosage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could you some of your advice on topamax. Currently I'm taking 50mg 1Xday. I do fairly well with this except in certain situations, i.e., dinner party, after golf, etc. Is it OK to take an additional 25mg or even 50mg without screwing my system up entirely. Just on those few ocassions where I need the extra support? I don't want to be popping these like pez, but I know many of you have had much more experience w/ this than I. Thanks....Techie
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Spam thank you and i'll heed your advice. I'm not one to typically fool around with meds in general your point is well taken. I just thought an ocassional bump up in dosage would be OK but I'll manage through at the 50mg. I'll try the l-glut under the tongue so many here talk about having success with. Thanks for you time and thoughtful post...techie
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

GREAT IDEA SPAM THANKS!

Comment

For me, the tiredness and depression became too much. Spam and I went on topa at about the same time, and I'm currently weaning off. Depression is a huge drinking trigger for me and with the fatigue, I wasn't accomplishing much of anything, and I needed to stop. I hope you do better, but be aware of extreme fatigue and depression, especially if you're prone to depression.

When I purchased Roberta Jewell's book, I was so ecstatic...I'm afraid that all I saw was the chance to drink moderately, via the use of topa and supplements. Now, I'm not at all certain that that's an alternative for me at all.

Comment

Thanks fennel. I do take celexa as well. At the 50mg of topamax I seemed to be doing OK in the mood department. So for now, since I'm not jonesing for alcohol I'll maintain at this level. I appreciate all your concern and support. I too wish you well as you wean off the topa and find other alternatives...techie

Comment

what if topamax is taken at bedtime - wouldn't that help with sleep? i haven't tried it but i'm sensitive to meds.

Comment

Working...
            X