Here I go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here I go

I pick up my first shipment of Baclofen tomorrow. My feelings are all over the board. I am excited and skeptical at the same time. Really hoping this works. Even after reading this forum for over a week it still sounds too good to be true at times. I'm scared that if this doesn't work I will have end up in rehab. This scares the hell out of me and it makes me feel defeated. Everything I have been reading tells me this is a disease and I have come to believe this as well. Knowing this should resolve me of some of the shame and guilt but it doesn't. I still feel like a weak person and am ashamed of my life at the moment.

It is to a new day tomorrow and the beginning of a new journey. I will try and keep everyone one the board that is interested. This board has been a great find and despite what I have said above, I do still have hope. I thank all of you for the inspiring stories. This is a place I look forward to coming to.

Here I go

edifice98;864269 wrote: it still sounds too good to be true at times.
    Doesn't it? I assure you it's very real. I know.

edifice98;864269 wrote:
    Everything I have been reading tells me this is a disease and I have come to believe this as well. Knowing this should resolve me of some of the shame and guilt but it doesn't. I still feel like a weak person and am ashamed of my life at the moment.
    It is a disease. You are sick and it's not your fault. You aren't weak. Read my 'hopes and dreams' post and tell me I don't have any willpower. I have more willpower in my left pinky than most people that don't have our disease and I couldn't stop drinking. Not a chance in hell. If I could have I would have.
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Comment

Here I go

Good luck to you! I have tried Campral, Naltrexone, and all the supplements. Nothing has worked for me. I started Bac two weeks ago and have seen a real improvement in my cravings. Still there, but much better. I have not been drinking in the mornings any more and really don't think about drinking until the "witching hour." If I can just start sleeping better and for longer periods of time, I will be very happy! Keep up the good fight.

Comment

Here I go

Ed,
        I am here to tell you - It works!

Comment

Here I go

I am about six weeks into it and believing it works. I've been AF for 5 days without any other intervention other than Bac and this forum. I'm still playing this with caution and do not want to set me or mislead anyone but so far, so good. Btw, I'm female, 150 lbs and at 140 mgs.
          My worse SE has been weight gain, insomnia (that's alcohol free related) and some somnolence but nothing compares to the SE of too much drinking.
          _HP

Comment

Here I go

Hi Hopeful. I may go up to 110 mg today. I am very eager for this to work. No danger of weight gain here. I have absolutely no appetite. I have to force myself to eat to live. I only wish I could get a good night's sleep. Maybe that will come, too.

Comment

Here I go

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Picked up my first shipment this morning. I was in a really bad place last night. Today is better and I am excited to try this.

Comment

Here I go

edifice98, good luck on this journey. Right now I'm up to 130mg and my husband is at 170mg after 10 weeks being on BAC and it's been 12 days for me and 10 days for my husband being AF. I never thought I would say the words AF for either one of us but some you will too!

Comment

Here I go

corkit;864976 wrote: edifice98, good luck on this journey. Right now I'm up to 130mg and my husband is at 170mg after 10 weeks being on BAC and it's been 12 days for me and 10 days for my husband being AF. I never thought I would say the words AF for either one of us but some you will too!
                  That is great to hear. It is stories like yours that give me hope. I don't know if it is a placebo effect but so far I feel much more at peace after taking bac. Not nearly as anxious after taking 20 mg over several hours today. We will see how it goes tomorrow but for today I feel good. Did not reduce my AL intake but I did realize I drank allot slower than normal.

Comment

Here I go

I was inspired by another spreadsheet I saw on the forum so I will post mine for anyone interested. Honestly I have no idea if I can keep it up because I am really flakey at the moment but I will give it a shot.

I just started Bac today so the chart isn't much help yet. If I keep this up it should provide some insight.

Anyone that is interested can keep track of my journey here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...QSmRwaHc&hl=en

Please do not take any of this as medical advice. (Damn lawyers. Please don't burn yourself with hot coffee either.)

Comment

Working...
                    X