Air travel with non presc. topo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am getting ready to travel for the summer and need to take at least a three week supply of topomax (6300mg) in my carry on. I bought it all online. Do I need to worry about having prescription medicine not prescibed to me or do they only care about controlled substances? Thanks for any advice. WHTM

Air travel with non presc.topa

WHTM,

Do not worry about it. I travel all over the world and have my Naltexone in my purse as a carry on, as well as all my other medications and it has never been a problem. They don't even look at that at the security checkpoints.

Liquids are a problem.....they will only allow 3 oz. of any liquid in a quart-size bag as a carry-on. I usually put all my make-up and perfume in the bag.

PM me if you need me....I'm here to help.

Rusty

Comment

Thanks, Rusty
      WHTM

Comment

Hi WHTM...
        Rusty is right, unless your topamax is in liquid form, don't even worry. In the US, airport security cares not a whit about medications, prescribed or otherwise. They are only marginally more concerned about illegal substances. They actually don't even have the authority to arrest passengers for drugs, they have to contact local law enforcement for that. The TSA is far more concerned these days with things that are a danger to the aircraft and other passengers. As far as your your topamax, not even on their radar.

Comment

I traveled with a whole bunch of topa just four weeks ago, with no consequences. It's not a big deal. Travel with confidence!

Comment

Same here folks. Even out of JFK & Newark I had no problems!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
            X