Bac and Antihistamines -- help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know some people have posted here that antihistamines and bac should not be combined.

I took an antihistamine 2 hours ago, and remembered this (no antihistamines with bac) the second after I swallowed it.

Now I am afraid to take my next dose of bac (40mg), due now.

I hope somebody has some advice... quickly please.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Hey, Beatle

I took antihistamines to help me sleep when I was taking high-dose bac (240 - 270mg).

No adverse reactions whatsoever.

Just what was to be expected: the efficacy of the anthistamines diminished over time.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Oh: and it also depends on what kind of anthistamine you took...

I used Phenergan (old style). In that case, your somnolence might be a bit worse. However, if I recall correctly, you take your last dose early in the evening? In that case, you might just go to bed a bit earlier than usual

If you've taken the newer ones, which don't make you drowsy at all, there should be no effect whatsoever.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I take benadryl all the time. I think it's an H1 receptor antagonist along with phenergan and most other antihistamines.

I've never heard of bac and antihistamines being contraindicated, but if they are I presume it would be because of excess somnolence...I could deal with that.

No ill effects here.
        :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
        :what?:
        sigpic
        Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
        A Forum
        Trolls need not apply

Comment

Thank you guys! I am now taking my next dose (although a bit later than usual).

I was forced to be away from the computer for a couple hours (uch: -- talk about withdrawal) and it was such a relief to come back to this advice.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Lo0p;866371 wrote:
            I've never heard of bac and antihistamines being contraindicated, but if they are I presume it would be because of excess somnolence...I could deal with that.

No ill effects here.
            I saw the bac-antihist contraindication pop up here 2 or 3 times, but without much detail. Still, enough times to make me feel very uneasy.

I did google it, but didn't get much info there either.

Thank you Lo0p and Tip for the reassurance (from very reliable sources!).

btw, I took the antihistamine (loratadine) 2 hours after a 30mg dose of bac. I did experience some heavy somnolence, but that may perhaps be attributable to my late-night carousing with dear old friends (so where is that switch, then?). I assume my severe headache was also attributable to one of those two sources.

Thank you again for much appreciated and anxiety-relieving advice!

Back to bac...

Comment

Working...
            X