Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax and headaches

Hi,
    I've just gone up to 100mg (I think this is my 2nd or 3rd day, 3rd I think) and am having constant headaches, which advil won't wipe out, neither will water or caffeine.
    Has anyone else experienced this? It is also my 3rd day af, but i've had several day 3 af and haven't experienced this before.
    any ideas?

Topamax and headaches

4MH Yes I'm on 50mg of topa and have headaches daily. It a low dull ache in back of my head. I do see my Dr. in two weeks and will mention this. While troublesome, it is nothing compared to the headaches associated with my past hangovers.
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Topamax and headaches

I had headaches and became an absolute dummy...I got up to 125 mg and weaned off...I feel much better....plus I could drink right over it
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Topamax and headaches

Nope no headaches. Some tingling in the hands and feet. And a bit of the stupidmax but nothing compared to my hangovers. Topa is used to prevent migraines but everyone gets different side effects. I found my side effects lessened the longer I was on it.

Comment

Topamax and headaches

Hi 4 - when you say this is your 2nd or 3rd day - do you mean on the 100mg? What dosage were you on before you went up to the 100mg? Maybe you can go up to 100mg more slowly?
          How long have you been on it and have you had any trouble before now?

I have been lucky in that I have only had tingly hands and feet. I followed the titration schedule in the book - you could always go more slowly than the book and see if that would help. PM me if you want to or have any questions.

Hugs to you,
          sunshinedaisies x
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Topamax and headaches

I know you have been AF before, but it is possible it is the withdrawal. I get headaches from being AF for about a week.

Give it a few days, take some aspirin and be as patient as you can be.

I know it is frustrating to have SEs from meds but I seem to have a lot of SEs from alcohol, too.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Topamax and headaches

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the replies. To answer questions: I do mean I have been at 100 mg. for 3 days. I was at 75 mg. before that & I didn't have headaches. Maybe it is the withdrawal from alcohol; it seems strange though bc I made it 6 days b4 and didn't have headaches. Just bitchiness and such. Now it is bitchiness and headaches.
              So the headaches seems to be dulling a bit. Maybe it'll be gone tomorrow!! That'll be day 4 af and I think day 4 at 100 mg.
              Thanks for checking on me Cinders, Sunshine, Sidney, Mama Bear & Techie. Hugs to you all!

Comment

Working...
              X