Baclofen Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen Website

I would like to know if there is dedicated Baclofen English language website. I know there is one in France. I am finding it difficult to find information in the thousands of posts and it would be helpful if there was a site with this information on it. I would be happy to set one up but do not know where to start. I am particularly interested in a site for the UK as we seem to be lagging behind other areas. Any ideas?
    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Baclofen Website

Otter,
    I just wanted to check in and see how your wife is doing. I appreciate all your efforts on educating people on the benefits of Baclofen.

Comment

Baclofen Website

You've probably already looked a the "Consolidated Baclofen Information thread".

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ead-38718.html

That collects all the information in one place.

But I guess you were looking for a particular baclofen website.

There is also a separate site called baclofen4alcoholism (I think) from the UK. I haven't looked at it for months, and I don't think it is very active. But there may be some kind of collection of information there. Not sure.

Hope this helps.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Baclofen Website

Hi

Thanks for your concern. She is recovering. Hopefully she should be better in a few days. She complains that her mind races when she takes high doses of Baclofen over 110 mg but she is taking over 200 mg from yesterday and has no desire to drink. We both hope that increasing the dose will now end this for good. It is pretty frustrating not getting support from people in the UK. No one will divulge the name of a doctor who prescribes over 100 mg. Most people with drink problems around here don't have the money to pay for internet access let alone buy Baclofen over the net.

I am in this awful space where doctors are trying to "protect" my wife from the side effects of a medication they know nothing about. And she doesn't want their protection. What a ridiculous situation.

I will have a look at the web site. I have been through the consolidated thread and there is most of the information there. It would be nice to have all the literature in one spot. I find it difficult going through all the posts and it will only increase in time.
        BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Baclofen Website

Otter;870890 wrote: I would like to know if there is dedicated Baclofen English language website.
          Hi Otter,

Have you taken a look at:

baclofen4alcoholism.com

This website is run by an English doctor.

Sorry, just noticed that beatle has already mentioned this site.

V.
          "Love's the only engine of survival"

Leonard Cohen

Comment

Baclofen Website

Hi Otter I came on here as SW has found a doctor in Edinburgh who will pescribe baclofen I am planning to see him myself as soon as possible . I already take baclofen which I buy off the internet but I would be much happier taking it under medical supervison and have my blood etc checked. The main thing is we can get the stuff and it bloody well works !!! I did suggest in a post we could do with somebody wrinte a leaflet or something that could be down loaded with all the baclofen information on it. I do not have the time to do sometihng like that or proboably the knowledge bit there must be somebody who does.

I just feel that this si all just so exciting and gaining momentum, I have been on and off this site for about 5 years and to my knowledge nothing like baclofen has appeared before and it is just gaining momentum , with more people taking it, with good effet and doctors slowly begining to take notice and a few prescribe it, things can only contiune to improve and of course the best thing of all many of use released from the livng hell of al ! Bring it on !

Regards

BH x

Comment

Working...
            X