Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BACLOFEN IS WORKING FOR ME AND i AM LOVING IT !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys in the light of some recent events sorounding baclofen I thought I would start this thread to show anybody considering taking baclofen, that there are some of us who are on it and have had great result and as the title suggest 'LOVING IT'. Please feel free anybody who is on it to add your bit. And anybody considering taking it please feel free to get in tough anyway you like. If you are in the UK I am even happy to talk to you on the phone have done that with a couple of people and they said it really helped ! as it is hard to put into the written word just how bac works and makes you feel toward al .

Quick resume of me: Been taking bac since last Aug has a few teething problem, but now on maintaince dose and just loving my new life ( I mod on bac very sucessfully ) most of the time cant even be bothered to have a drink but its nice to have a couple if I go out with friends. I now control the al not it me !

Overall bac has given me life back and stopped me living with constant fear !!!! The best med I have ever taken in my life !!!! Thank you Doctor A

BH x

Awesome, Brave Heart.

I am thankful you posted this.

My alcoholic life is hell.

I keep titrating up on the Bac to get "there."

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...nds-42543.html mg

I would be cold, dead and buried right now if it weren't for baclofen.
      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
      :what?:
      sigpic
      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
      A Forum
      Trolls need not apply

Comment

I have my life back thanks to Baclofen.

Comment

I, too am doing well on Bac since mid January 2010. Love not living in fear of the next crisis. It truly is a wonderful drug. I wonder how many other "old" drugs are out there ready to be put to other good uses.
          Thanks for the thread

Comment

Bac has changed my life

I have been on bac since late July and am still nowhere near indifferent...

but it HAS helped me start to recover my life (well, I'll never do that, but...). I still drink, but I have never got very drunk since starting bac. I drink about 1/2-2/3 as much as I did pre-bac with no effort. I am able to easily keep myself from drinking during the day. (I used to have to white-knuckle it all through the day until I could finally have my first drink). I am able to be at a party or in a bar without thinking constantly about my next drink. I never wake up with a hangover. I never feel shaky in the morning.

I am able to function more or less like a normal person -- not just barely getting through the day, but planning and accomplishing things... and with energy and enthusiasm.

In short, baclofen is working for me; it's not a miracle, but it's a tremendous help. I believe I will soon be AF, which will include some suffering as I continue to titrate up and weather the side effects, which, by the way, is the reason I have taken this so slowly. But just to note: my SEs have never been tremendous... uncomfortable and disconcerting, yes, but bearable in exchange for all the benefits, and in view of the goal.

Without this site and all the exchange of information I would probably have quit bac because of the side effects (which can be scary and very disconcerting), but knowing that others experienced them, and being prepared for them, and also knowing that they pass, took away any fears I had, and gave me the will to continue.

Even if I never become AF (although I plan to and believe I will) bac has already changed my life for the better.

p.s. There is one side effect of bac that does not seem to alleviate- in fact it is increasing: my addiction to this site (mainly this forum)
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I am here today only because of baclofen. My health was shot, my relationships were shot and my career was going downhill fast.

I can see a future now, and am taking the steps required to make it a reality.

I have been AF sine 21 August 2009, and my biggest problem is sometimes wondering if I've taken my bac or not - at a maintenance dose level, I don't feel anything wahtsoever when I take it.
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I wish I was where you guys are but I stick with it and pray.

I am tired of being a drunk and keep hoping as I go up it will help.

Posts like yours help me a lot!!

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Baclofen saved my life. dry since 16. Jan 2010 ... 139 AF days

maintenance dose is not causing any negative effects. Its quite the opposite, I have upped my maintenance dose from 37.5mg to 75mg to fight anxiety and since then I have my fears a lot better under control!
                  since 23. Apr 2009 : TSM - failed to reduce units
                  since 08. Jan 2010 : Naltrexone + Baclofen combination therapy
                  reborn since 16. Jan 2010 : Alcohol Free (AF) - only taking Baclofen
                  since 22. May 2010 : Baclofen against anxiety/fear
                  since 14. Mar 2011 : off Baclofen - taking 25mg Topamax/day

My stats :
                  http://www.baclofen-forum.com/stats/craving/

Comment

Good UK sunny morning ! I put this post up beofre I went to sleep last night. I have woken here in the UK to brilliant sunshine, then I logged on quickly hoping that others had joined this thread ! And whow you guys never lest me down . Thank you all so much for contributing ! There is now sunshine in my happy heart !

Cinders just stick with it you will get there and you are not a drunk Cinders you are a lovely wonderful lady who contributes so much to this site , you are just unfortunate that you like the rest of us have this awful disease ! we are with you !

Reading everybodys posts is like reading about my life,baclofen and this site are a winning combination !

And a quick aside. I am going on holiday in 3 weeks time, I realised this morning its the first holiday in living memeory where I am not panicing thinking ' shit how can I control my drinking, what if I get drunk and say something' I am going with my son and best friend and her parner ( my previous distructive drinking made sure I have not got a partner to go with !!! , but I have bent everybodys ears many a time on that one lol). As I have lost count of the amount of friend I have lost though getting drunk and being offensive ! Baclofen has allowed me this freedom !!!! Thats why 'I AM LOVING IT AND ALL YOU GUYS' Thankyou form the bottom of my very humble heart xxx

My maintaince dose is 75mg 25 mg x 3 daily. I did drop below that but found it was a mistake as the al thoughs started to return and then I had to tirate back up which was a bit tough as I am side effect free at 75mg so will not make that mistake again !

Comment

I'm feeling normal again I'm doing things with my family I'm working better and I'm looking foward to my dance recital in a few weeks right now I don't have that constant monkey on my back and I do believe its because of bac.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

I feel normal and dont think about drinking alcohol. I have been AF since last summer and think BAC is a wonderful drug. I am unaffected by side affects at between 80 to 100 mg's as a maintainence dose.

Absolute indifference is my normal state these days. Bac is not a magic cure - but it is a 90% reliever of the mental junk that precedes a lapse back into drinking over my entire alcoholic career. The remaining 10% comes from other places. I would have paid alot more than I have shelled out for the meds to be where I am today.
                        Andy R:

Comment

I am here because of Baclofen and the wisdom & experience of the members of this site. I hit my switch in February 2010 at 130 mg per day, and am holding steady on a maintenance dose of 40 mg per day. There's no looking back and I'm thankful for every day!!

Comment

Working...
                          X