Go back to smaller dosage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there, I finally took 1/2 nal instead of just 1/4 last night (my first night was awful on 1/2). It didn't go so well but I didn't actually vomit (yay..: ). I have to work late and don't want to risk the nausea -- should I go back to 1/4? I also have the same situation tomorrow night. btw, it's not quite been a week yet. Thanks everyone, I jumped into this w/o a lot of info and keep coming up w/ questions...after the fact! Like, what drugs interfere w/ nal? I read something about pain relievers from the dr. dentist that don't work together? Is it true that the thought is the sicker you are at the beginning of nal, the more effective? I'm IN if that's the case. OK, thanks again!!

nalgal;880332 wrote: Hi there, I finally took 1/2 nal instead of just 1/4 last night (my first night was awful on 1/2). It didn't go so well but I didn't actually vomit (yay..: ). I have to work late and don't want to risk the nausea -- should I go back to 1/4? I also have the same situation tomorrow night. btw, it's not quite been a week yet. Thanks everyone, I jumped into this w/o a lot of info and keep coming up w/ questions...after the fact! Like, what drugs interfere w/ nal? I read something about pain relievers from the dr. dentist that don't work together? Is it true that the thought is the sicker you are at the beginning of nal, the more effective? I'm IN if that's the case. OK, thanks again!!
    Hi Nalgal, There is no one way to start taking Naltrexone, I took 25 mg for the first couple of days, and then took 50mg.....had a fairly bad day following that so dropped back to 25 mg for a few days. SE's were transient nausea, mild headache, not bad really considering the positive effect it has had on my life! I do have very mild headaches at times but it's not bad at all.
    Read up as much on this site regarding the sinclair method, all I can say is take the naltrexone approximately 1 hour before drinking and the best of luck to you, It does work for many people.....I am still patiently on that road, time will tell!

Best wishes

Comment

Hi Scott, and thanks! So, it's OK to drop back to 1/4 again...good, I don't want to go backwards but I can't be sick the next two nights or risk driving all loopy. How long have you been taking nal? My friend who told me about it (I immediately ordered it w/o any other information...!) never had any side effects and it worked FAST for her. Thanks again, it really helps having peeps out there who want to help.

Comment

Working...
      X