bac + chantix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bac + chantix

besides drinking i am also a heavy smoker (20/day for the last 25 years) and am considering Chantix .i read about heavy SEs on that drug and do have a tendency for depression)....
    i am still in up-titrating in the hunt for the switch and am a bit worried that the 2 meds dont go to well togehter..
    any experiences?
    thanks a lot
    rudolf

bac + chantix

Rudolf,

Hmm. I actually do have some concerns with mixing Chantix and Bac.

The obvious one, suicides by people hitherto not prone to suicide, is not my concern.

It is this: Chantix gives you strange and vivid dreams. I can't stress that enough. Baclofen does the same thing to me.

What will happen when you mix the two? I am not sure. There may be no difference.

As always, ask a pharmacist first, and consider strongly whether Chantix is the right choice at this particular time.

I am considering trying it again but only have I have hit my indifference switch and titrated back down.

I know many people consider Chantix a wonder drug for quitting the cigarettes.

Please take care. If you are still drinking and taking Baclofen, there will be enough SEs and issues to deal with right now. If you are sober and on low dose Baclofen, it might be a good thing to consider, but do take your inclination into depression into account.

Oh, and once sober, many people find that their depression and anxiety either disapper completely or are greatly relieved.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

bac + chantix

excellent cindi/thanks a lot, i would actually only do that under medical supervision but i reckon i will wait a bit....

Comment

bac + chantix

as far as i have read chantix should not be combined with alcohol.
        since 23. Apr 2009 : TSM - failed to reduce units
        since 08. Jan 2010 : Naltrexone + Baclofen combination therapy
        reborn since 16. Jan 2010 : Alcohol Free (AF) - only taking Baclofen
        since 22. May 2010 : Baclofen against anxiety/fear
        since 14. Mar 2011 : off Baclofen - taking 25mg Topamax/day

My stats :
        http://www.baclofen-forum.com/stats/craving/

Comment

Working...
        X