Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nal and Baclofen

:new: Hi, new to the forums.

I've been on Naltrexone and know of the side effects. I am considering using both Naltrexone and Baclofen. Does anyone know if it is safe to combine the two? It is recommended for Naltrexone that certain liver tests be administered before and after treatment begins. Does anyone know what tests for Baclofen are recommended? I have not read Dr A's book but plan on doing so before I start on the Baclofen but since there is a long delivery time for both Baclofen and Naltrexone through online ordering thought I'd ask now.

Thanks in advance.

Nal and Baclofen

I use both. It works great for me. It is safe to combine the two. The liver test for naltrexone is BS. Only about 2% of alcoholics have livers that are too damaged to take it. Naltrexone is as hepatoxic as one 200mg dose of tylenol.

It sounds like you REALLY need to do some reading before you start on any medication. I suggest the forums here and here: The Sinclair Method Forums. The book by Dr. A and The Cure for Alcoholism by Dr. Roy Eskapa, you can find a link to it over at the forums I linked.
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Comment

Nal and Baclofen

there is at least one alcohol rehab clinic which combine the two meds which seem to complement each other.The baclofen works on the cravings and the Naltrexone decreases the "reward" and reinforcement effect of alcohol. It is like fighting a war on more than one front. Add to this your good judgment. I know they asked me to have a blood panel before I started. I know the nal is liver cleared mostly and the bac is mostly kindney cleared. If you have a doctor it would be better to ask their opinion. Inform yourself. IMO the combination is probably safe and certainly a better choice than the continued abuse of alcohol.
      Good Luck
      Sunny

Comment

Working...
      X