I want to start Bac

I have 10 mg pills.....
    what should I do???
    and can I take it with effexor?
    thanks for any feedback
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

I want to start Bac

I started with 5mg x 3 times per day for the first 3 days. I cut the pills in half to obtain the 5mg. I also take mine with an anti depressant and there are no issues.

Comment

I want to start Bac

I'll be keeping an eye on your progress, Mama! Topa wasn't helpful for me, either.

Comment

I want to start Bac

Good luck! Go slow. The feedback about strength of it is spot on in my experience. I started slow, rushed it and felt like I had the flu. Still, glad to be on it I think. I took 3 weeks to get up to 30/mg/day, but then jumped around up to 50.
        I didn't really have any side effects until I bumped straight from 20 to 50 in 5 or 6 days. Dummy.
        I'm taking pacifen and also cut the pills.

Also, if you're in the states you can call Dr. Levin. He was very reassuring. I'm sure if I'd actually heeded his advice I wouldn't feel so badly. And he's also very reassuring about the efficacy of it. (though I haven't been able to find out much about him online... Would love to hear about anyone who has had, or is having contact with him.)
        You've been on the boards a lot longer than I, so you've probably heard all this... I feels good to write it down, though. And even with all of the information here, I really look forward to hearing more...even if it's just from me!
        I feel like the little kid on the playground, jumping around screaming "I wanna play! I wanna play! Pleeeeaase!" at the older kids on the baseball team.
        K

Comment

I want to start Bac

thanks guys

Comment

I want to start Bac

best of luck mama I hope this works out for you. :h
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I want to start Bac

This thread contains links to + more background on all the relevant info you'll need

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ead-38718.html
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I want to start Bac

I, too, hope this works as well for you as it has for me!

There is SO MUCH great information on some threads that have disappeared. If you haven't already, I think it would really help you to dig back through and read some of them: "Zenstyle's Baclofen Log" "Consolidated Baclofen Information" "Side Effects and Adverse Reactions to Baclofen" are just a few.

Personally, I needed to have as much information as was available in order to carry on with some level of confidence. I got that from the wonderful people at MWO who shared their research and their experiences. And that has also allowed me to help some other people through the baclofen protocol. Altogether . . . a miracle!

BTW - I started out with 10 mg 3x/day without a problem. That's just me - listen to your own body. I totally trust that you can find the help you need.
                "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

I want to start Bac

Good luck mama bear, hope it works out well for you :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I want to start Bac

And make use of the Toolbox Thread in Monthly Abstinence as well...

Absolutely invaluable advice
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I want to start Bac

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS....just a little nervous cause topa didn't do it for me......I CANNOT deal with brain fog!!

Comment

I want to start Bac

Mama,
                        Throw me a frickin bone here! I really do want this to be succesful for you and I really do think it will as long as you stay on top of it. I would love for you to post (or pm me) everyday with any questions or concerns as well as how you are feeling and dosage!
                        Thanks Mama.

Comment

I want to start Bac

ok baby...have not started dosage yet....guess I should tomorrow huh???
                          OK>>>TOMORROW IS THE DAY ......5/5/5, right??
                          love you!!

Comment

I want to start Bac

Mama?
                            have not started the dosage yet... WTF? start today! so its lunch time, take 5 around 1:00 or 2:00, than another 5 around 8:00pm tonight. 5 around 10:00am tommorow and let me know how you make out, ok?

Comment

I want to start Bac

Mama, don't wait to stop drinking to start it. Just DO it. It seems to be more effective if you don't drink, but hell, if I could stop drinking why the heck would i need the bac???

So, tell me you started it.
                              You could even start with 5 and go up 5mg every 3 days. It's a miracle in a pill. Why are you hesitating? :l

BTW, Topa did nothing for me except made me into a zombie who just stared at her computer screen.
                              Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                              That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                              Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                              Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Working...
                              X