Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to start Bac

Mama,
    My advice is to do the 5-5-5 for 3 days then go to 10-10-10. I know you are strong and have AF days. I wasnt as strong as you but on day 4, on 10-10-10, I stopped and havent looked back. That was almost 5 months ago. I did go up to 20-20-20 and that is when I hit my switch. please keep posting, let us know what you are feeling, both from the baclofen, and how you are feeling towards alcohol. We can offer you advice every step of the way.
    BTW, I am not a doctor, but I did play one on TV! (joking).

Comment

I want to start Bac

Mama, just wanted to throw some support your way. There is so much good info being shared in all the BAC threads and it's obvious that the people having success (and even those who haven't) are very willing to share and help. Believe me, if what I had tried so far hadn't worked, I'd be right there trying bac. It is so worth it to get AL out of your life. GO FOR IT!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I want to start Bac

Thanks so much guys......
        Phoenix...that's EXACTLY what Topa did to me.....
        ok...taking one now.....
        I really do love you guys for the support...oh and Dr Road.....I promise to keep you posted
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I want to start Bac

Welcome, MB! I've seen you on other boards. So many people have had success with bac (I'm not there yet) and I think it's definitely worth trying. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Comment

I want to start Bac

Go for it, Mama Bear!

BAC might just be the answer to your AL issue. Bac combined with NAL saved my life. After a month on NAL and BAC. I am AF. NEVER thought I would be or WANT to be....but I did and I am!

Please be careful, though. I had one major slip while on BAC and I had the hangover from hell, and apparently, this is probably the only drawback from what I learned from Debbie at River Pharmacy.

Good luck, sweetheart!!!

Rusty

Comment

I want to start Bac

Mama, how are you feeling today?
              Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
              That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
              Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
              Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

I want to start Bac

sorry missed this....
                i am good, but woozy and tired....could be that i am receovering from a stomach virus
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                X