newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie here

Hi, I am very new to this forum; actually didn't even discover it until someone else mentioned it on another recovery website. I had bought Dr. Amiesan's book and been ingtrigued with his results with BAC.

After several months, I ordered BAC from 4rx.com and just received it and started taking it last Friday. I started with 30mg and then titrated up to 45 as of today (Friday). Usually In am able to get through the workday with no problem but once I get home the cravings are inexcapable. I am fairly good at controlling my intake but it takes extreme willpower (and intentional lack of availability of alcohol!) to not drinik to excess each night.

While I have not experienced any craving reduction, I have already definitely become aware of a decreased desire to drink to excess. Normally, it is extremely difficult to stop at about 9 beers each night, but now I find I really don't want any after 5 or 6. I am very excited about this and hope that as I titrate up it will take away the cravings altogether.

I will keep everyone posted as to my progress.

newbie here

I am confident that the combination of your native will power plus the craving reduction afforded by the baclofen will allow you to achieve your goal. I have been abstinent since mid January 2010 on baclofen. I am very pleased as are my family members, friends and coworkers. I would encourage you at first to clean up your environment and avoid the obvious cues of available alcohol in bars or at home. You want to "reprogram" your brain and don't need the added temptation. Good luck, Glad you're here and keep us posted!
    Sunny

Comment

newbie here

Welcome

Hi Hanging~
      Welcome! I know a lot of people here have had great success with Bac~
      I myself did not.......but I don't think I really used it properly to stop drinking.
      Keep trying and do what is best for you. Stay in touch and keep posting- that's what is working for me right now.
      :welcome:

Comment

newbie here

Welcome, Hanging

We'll be following your progress! Good luck!
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

newbie here

Hi Hangin' I think you will have great success if you're already drinking less on such a low dose.

Keep coming back. I love people who use semicolons. Semicolons are underrated! :h
          Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
          That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
          Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
          Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

newbie here

welcome hanging

great to see you here! good luck x
            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

newbie here

welcome to the board!!!!
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

newbie here

Hello Hangin and welcom. Would like to hear more about you. Best of luck. Keep posting!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

newbie here

Hi Hangin and :welcome: good luck on your journey, please keep reading and posting also any questions you have just post and the advice that will come back is second to one!!!
                  Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

newbie here

Hang in there, we're here for you. Just keep reading the threads, get involved in posting even just to ramble, and stay busy. Hang in there...you're worth it!

Only Those Who...Attempt The Absurd...Achieve The Impossible
                    Only Those Who...Attempt The Absurd...Achieve The Impossible

Comment

newbie here

Thanks for all the welcomes

Not much to add to my first post, am currently at 60mg daily divided into 3 doses. Still no reduction in cravings, but only drank to excess once (last Sat night) since starting. I got a craving for bloody marys, and so off to the liquor store I went. I should know better because the few times that I've been on the wrong side of the law was due to hard alcohol, never beer.

So, I will stick to beer until I can reach the AF zone; I can't wait to get there! (that semicolon was for you, PhoenixRising!). I will continue to titrate up, since so far I have not had any SE (which does plant a small doubt in my mind as to whether the BAC they sent me is the real thing).

I'll keep posting!

Comment

Working...
                      X