Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a copy of The Lancet article to share?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone got a copy of The Lancet article from 2003 that Roberta Jewell refers to in her book? I found it at their website; they want $31.50 for it. Was thinking I'd bring it along to show my doctor to help explain what I'm up to here with MWO.

Oral topiramate for treatment of alcohol dependence: a randomised controlled trial
    Preview | Summary | Full Text | PDF

Topiramate (up to 300 mg per day) is more efficacious than placebo as an adjunct to standardised medication compliance management in treatment of alcohol dependence. Prof Bankole A Johnson MD, Nassima Ait-Daoud MD, Prof Charles L Bowden MD, Prof Carlo C DiClemente MD, Prof John D Roache PhD, Kevin Lawson PhD and others May 17, 2003
    The Lancet,
    Vol. 361 No. 9370 pp 1677-1685

Thanks,
    Pie

Hi Pie - I called my Doc ahead of my appt and left a message for him to check out this website and also the Topa. When I went for my appt I took a copy of the titration schedule with me from the book, also my copy of the book that I had printed out, in case he wanted to borrow it (he declined gracefully!!). He did make a copy of the titration schedule though and he did give me a prescription based on that. We had been thinking about me having Nal but I told him I would much rather have Topa after reading the book and checking out this website. 6 AF months later, here I am! Good Luck!

Sunshinedaisies
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I've got access to Lancet articles, so if you PM me your email address I'd be happy to send you a pdf copy.

I could also paste the full article in this thread if you'd prefer, but it's quite long, and the charts won't reproduce well with a cut and paste job.

Comment

billyb;901207 wrote: I've got access to Lancet articles, so if you PM me your email address I'd be happy to send you a pdf copy.

I could also paste the full article in this thread if you'd prefer, but it's quite long, and the charts won't reproduce well with a cut and paste job.
        Super! I just pm'd you. :thanks:

Comment

Working...
        X