My Bac story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Bac story

Hi. I've posted a few times here but usually I've felt that my journal of titrating up has been more or less of the same thing otherwise posted and hence, have mostly remained a lurker.

I am not great at detailed journals but here's the abbreviated version of my experience with Bac: I have been titrating up for three months. I am currently at 200 mgs (3x's daily - 60, 60, 80 respectively) and just went AF a week ago. I have had more and more AF days but hardly ever made 3 consecutive days in a row and when I have drank, I never had that moderation thing figured out. If I did drink less it was because the combination of Bac and booze has been lethal for me. I also didn't go AF this last time because a switch went off, a situation happened and a reality check went off. That said, I'm not sure this longer duration would have ever happened with out Bac in my system. I have some cravings but I'm also in a holiday environment and temptation is everywhere including in my own household. Tonight we had guests and wine was served. I would normally really want this but didn't feel a huge urge which may be because today, yesterday and not that long ago, I have had short but intense vertigo attacks. I have an unrelated preexisting condition that could be to blame. I also am taking Doxepin and have increased dosage since AF -- this could be the culprit as well. I think and I'm thinking out loud here that my old brain would have used my health situation as a damn good reason to have a drink whereas right now, I just want to take care of myself.

Anyway, tomorrow is a very big day for us in the states. I will be at a very big drinking party and how I handle that will be very telling to the effects of Bac on me.

As far as SEs as I see them/experienced. I think that many of them for me and what I've seen on the boards could be confused with WD symtoms:

Insomnia: Very related to WD and taking a sleep aid to combat that.
    Vertigo: I have a preexisting condition so haven't made a conclusion on that but it is weird that its come back at these higher doses
    Wacky dreams: WD same with sweating
    Nasel Issues: Very bac and makes sense
    Somnolence: Bac and WD but it subsides

I have also noticed that I get this strange almost vibration sensation (very hard to explain) that I think is Bac related

I do remain calm on bac which is very hard to do when withdrawing. Taking that element out of the equation without frying your brain {think Librium} is actually amazing.

Anyway, I will send my big update tomorrow night or early Monday.

Thanks for reading this far!

-HP

My Bac story

Thank you for sharing. Very interesting. I'm looking forward to the update.

I have also had a vibrational sensation. First it was in my groin. I thought it might have something to do with keeping my mobile phone in my pocket. So I switched location, but that didn't help. I've also had it in my thighs. It is very different than the tingling and twitching I still experience in my hands after many months on bac (this doesn't bother me much).
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

My Bac story

So, I didn't need to drink but I did... As usual, 1 or 2 wasn't enough. That was the magic I was hoping for. Anyway, I am back to abstinence which is my only option. Fortunately, it is easy to do with Bac... I do not understand how others can drink their way through it as that is not the case with me. Not only does Bac intensify effects of alcohol, it seems to make me a completely different person.

I remain on 200 mgs a day but will continue to titrate up. I actually felt that yesterday was a test that I failed but if Bac just helps me be sober, I guess there's magic in that. I just wish I knew what the switch felt like and when I'm supposed to decrease my dosage. Is dosage specific to body weight? Or is it a combination of weight and level of dependancy?

Thanks,
      HP

Comment

My Bac story

keep it up, give yourself time

Comment

My Bac story

dose

hi there
          in the absence of any scientific data about the dose you are unfortunately on your own, might depend on body weight, might depend on the level of your addiction, or your usual reaction to drugs..a ton of question marks...as long as nobody will unleash some decent research effort on bac nobody will know...its a nightmare...

i went all the way up to 350/mg a day, a nightmare, no reaction, drank like an idiot, than i binned the AD i took alongisde bac and now i am fine on daily doses of bac between 75 and 200..i keep it flexible, depending on stress level..and it woks just fine...

took me 3 painful and metally exhausting months, to get there...so as i said keep it up..
          cheers
          r

Comment

My Bac story

I think abstinence is the best way forward. As for hitting the switch, in the absence of research, it is a subjective experience. You will realise when you are there. As Rudolf says, research is needed, until then we only have our own, and other's experiences.
            I stayed at 200mg for three weeks, without craving. I did not crave at all, during the week, from 120mg onwards but the weekend, specifically Sunday was a problem. The craving for alcohol was not so bad but I have huge holes to fill, if I do not drink. I would go out, drink very slowly,the Bac did that for me, but I would still drink to excess. Now, though I have reached a switch, I would not think it was ok to test myself, at least for a long time to come.
            You are getting closer. You will definitely get there. Keep it up. And keep us posted.

Comment

My Bac story

Thanks! I am heading in the right direction and will continue to get there. I'm back to AF and it really is not hard at all even though I live with a heavy drinker. I think bac wakes up your rational brain enough to fight the irrational side. I truly do not want to drink but have not learned how to socialize without it. I feel like a boring person with nothing to say. If you think about it, and your not in denial... It's hard to talk about anything other than this... This board is the only place that I am honest with my life.

Thanks for listening.
              HP

Comment

Working...
              X