Geodon and cravings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geodon and cravings

Does anyone have any experience with ziprasidone (Geodon)?

I was prescribed this last week at a low dose for anxiety (rapid cycling). Baclofen has helped my overall anxiety (GAD), but not my rapid cycling, obsessive-compulsiveness. In fact, as I have had the cloudiness of general anxiety removed, the obsessive thinking has increased... or maybe I am just able to obsessively think because I am not as sedated as I used to be on high doses of alcohol.

Anyway, I researched ziprasidone (Geodon) on internet forums, and nothing about alcoholism is mentioned in relation to it. (Although it should not be taken together with alcohol, as is the case for most such medications.)

I think it is helping me in terms of my obsessive cravings (not physical cravings) for alcohol, but not sure.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Geodon and cravings

Sorry, Beatle. Never heard of it.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Geodon and cravings

Thanks, tip.

I'm intrigued with this because I feel like my physical cravings have abated considerably since embarking on baclofen, but I still have obsessive thoughts about drinking. I am an obsessive thinker about everything imaginable, which is why I was prescribed ziprasidone (not for alcohol, which my doctor was not addressing with this prescription). I've been on it for 5 days, and it seems that my obsessive thinking has decreased in general, including the alcohol.

So I'm wondering if this medication has ever been used or tested as a tool to decrease non-physical cravings. I haven't done enough research yet, but it appears that ziprasidone has not been tested for its possible mitigation of addictive behaviour. I wonder if baclofen and ziprasidone administered together may perhaps work as complimentary medications, with synergistic effects.

However, it is very early days for me. I am on day 6 with ziprasidone at 20mg/day.

I'm hoping some Pfizer spies will ferret out this post and it will prompt an investigation into this hypothesis. As far as I know (I may be mistaken), ziprasidone is not generic, and I imagine Pfizer would have a large market to mine if there was a small chance that ziprasidone could have further applications than as an anti-psychotic.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Geodon and cravings

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Geodon) - onlinecheappills.com I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.

Comment

Geodon and cravings

C'mon Emma ... release your inner spam. You know you want to ...

Comment

Working...
          X