Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen, My experience.

Team,

My hubby is urging me to continue on the Baclofen. He notices a huge difference in me when I take it.

I titrated down for the last few weeks because whenever I take it, I feel like a poker has been stuck in my tummy and it hurts.

On the up side, when I take it, I can abstain.

So, I am going to start again.

Only this time, I am going to do it carefully, methodically and with some forethought. I cannot take it on an empty stomach, I cannot take it "when I need it," I must take it religously around food.

Sorry I have not posted about this SE. When I quit taking it, my tummy issues went away entirely. However, the pints of vodka I drink when I don't take it, I am sure do much worse damage.

Darn. I just want to be sober. That is it.

I will keep you all posted.

Love,
    Cindil
    AF April 9, 2016

Baclofen, My experience.

Go for it, Cindi! :l

Have you considered a supplement or dietary change to ease the stomach trouble? L-glut in itself is good for IBS. In addition, if you are like many here who prefer to take more than three doses to mitigate other SEs, you can have small meals more often during the day?

Good luck and keep us posted!

Oh, and lest I forget: what is your current titration schedule and bac dosage? That way, we can keep easier track of your progress
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Baclofen, My experience.

Cindi, just wanted to let you know I'm in your court. Keep fighting.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Baclofen, My experience.

Yeah, I went up too fast initially and it derailed me. I got off it and started up again in March. I wish I had stuck with it the first time. Good luck Cinders - I know you can do it!
        Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
        That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
        Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
        Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Working...
        X